Maps didn't install from the initial installer on T:V.com

Having problems trying to play Tribes Vengeance? Encountering crashes, can't get a HUD to work, ... ?
Post in here!
Xenophon

Maps didn't install from the initial installer on T:V.com

Post by Xenophon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Every time I try to join the 1 EU server with people it starts downloading these massive 2 hour long files. After an hour of waiting for 1 it failed and made me try again.
Shouldn't the maps have installed with the initial installer? When I join an NA server I don't have this problem

Fifato

Re: Maps didn't install from the initial installer on T:V.co

Post by Fifato » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi,

not all maps come with the initial installer, however, you can download them from here

TV built-in downloading is slow as hell, so it doesnt eat the server resources and the players can have lag-free experience. Downloading from this website is very fast.

You can see what map is on the server and download the map pack you need at the exact time, but you should be ready for different maps before they are on the server.

Currently you should have (afaik) BEML 4-8, X2, TVRL, TIS and REV. The others arent on the rotation.

Fifato

EDIT: The reason you were able to join the throwback server is of course because there were maps you had installed.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Fifato wrote:Hi,

not all maps come with the initial installer, however, you can download them from here

TV built-in downloading is slow as hell, so it doesnt eat the server resources and the players can have lag-free experience. Downloading from this website is very fast.

You can see what map is on the server and download the map pack you need at the exact time, but you should be ready for different maps before they are on the server.

Currently you should have (afaik) BEML 4-8, X2, TVRL, TIS and REV. The others arent on the rotation.

Fifato

EDIT: The reason you were able to join the throwback server is of course because there were maps you had installed.
Thanks. Im downloading the REV pack right now. its what all the maps on the EU servers are playing

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Fifato wrote:Hi,

Fifato

Wow. Problems follow me. I downloaded the REV maps and put it in my tribes vengeance/bin folder. Nothing happens. The AMAZINGLY long download begins whenever I start the game. Plz help. What am I supposed to do with the win/rar zip thingy I download. :x
Last edited by Xenophon on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Maps are not extracted into the bin folder. Maps are divided into two types of files, .tvm and .mopp files. Extract the .tvm files into the folder tribes vengeance/content/maps, and the .mopp files into the folder tribes vengeance/content/HavokData.
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Hawk wrote:Maps are not extracted into the bin folder. Maps are divided into two types of files, .tvm and .mopp files. Extract the .tvm files into the folder tribes vengeance/content/maps, and the .mopp files into the folder tribes vengeance/content/HavokData.
Right now in my T:V program\bin folder is the REV-VUG I downloaded. Its a winrar zip archive. How do I figure out which type it is? I clicked properties and couldn't find it anywhere. I tried to extract it to that place anyway. It would't do it. Plz help I just placed the REV-VUG file in the content\maps without extracting it or anything
Didn't work.

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Just put the zip archive on your desktop or something and choose "extract here" so you get the actual REV-VUG folder. Inside that folder open the TribesVengeance folder and then further the Content folder. Here you will see four folders called: Art, Havok, Maps and Sound. Go to your tribes vengeance/content directory and place the files from those folders into their respective folders in your tribes vengeance/content directory.
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:38 am

Alright I have taken a closer look at things and have come to the conclusions that on one hand Xenophon is not a very experienced pc-user (don't worry) and that DiceRolla (the one who made the map pack) was a bit drunk when finalizing the maps, causing some unnecessary doubt. He set up the links to the .mopp files to be in a map called "Havok" instead of the usual "Havokdata" folder. Don't worry as there is no problem.

-----------------------------------

This is what you have to do to get it working. Please following every instruction TO THE LETTER!

1) Download the REV map pack using the following link: http://tribesrevengeance.com/dicerolla/REV-VUG.zip

2) Open the zip file using winrar, 7zip or any other program you prefer.

3) Inside you will find a folder called "REV-VUG". Double click that folder to open it.

4) Inside there you will find a lot of pictures and a folder called "TribesVengeance". Double click that folder to open it.

5) Inside you will find a folder called "Content". Do not open that folder and leave the program window open.

6) Open Windows Explorer.

7) Navigate to your Tribes Vengeance installation folder. By default: C:\Program Files\VUGames\Tribes Vengeance\

8) Inside the Windows Explorer window you will see two maps: "Content" and "Program" as well as some other stuff.

9) Select and drag the "Content" folder in your Winrar window (or 7zip or whatever) into the Windows Explorer window.

What happens at step 9 is that the two folders will combine. You are "extracting" the downloaded files to that folder.

10) After that process is completed successfully you can close both windows.

11) Start Tribes Vengeance

12) Enjoy the REV Map Pack

Hope this helps.

HighDive

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:03 am

HighDive wrote:Alright I have taken a closer look at things and have come to the conclusions that on one hand Xenophon is not a very experienced pc-user (don't worry) and that DiceRolla (the one who made the map pack) was a bit drunk when finalizing the maps, causing some unnecessary doubt. He set up the links to the .mopp files to be in a map called "Havok" instead of the usual "Havokdata" folder. Don't worry as there is no problem.

-----------------------------------

This is what you have to do to get it working. Please following every instruction TO THE LETTER!

1) Download the REV map pack using the following link: http://tribesrevengeance.com/dicerolla/REV-VUG.zip

2) Open the zip file using winrar, 7zip or any other program you prefer.

3) Inside you will find a folder called "REV-VUG". Double click that folder to open it.

4) Inside there you will find a lot of pictures and a folder called "TribesVengeance". Double click that folder to open it.

5) Inside you will find a folder called "Content". Do not open that folder and leave the program window open.

6) Open Windows Explorer.

7) Navigate to your Tribes Vengeance installation folder. By default: C:\Program Files\VUGames\Tribes Vengeance\

8) Inside the Windows Explorer window you will see two maps: "Content" and "Program" as well as some other stuff.

9) Select and drag the "Content" folder in your Winrar window (or 7zip or whatever) into the Windows Explorer window.

What happens at step 9 is that the two folders will combine. You are "extracting" the downloaded files to that folder.

10) After that process is completed successfully you can close both windows.

11) Start Tribes Vengeance

12) Enjoy the REV Map Pack

Hope this helps.

HighDive
Thanks. I got the rev map packs. When I went on a empty (grrr) Eu REV server it loaded fine. No 10 year download. Now I just have 2 download the 2 bilion other maps.

Sengers

Post by Sengers » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 am

Gotta go through some trouble to be able to play one of the most awesome games ever! ;)

Hope to see you ingame soon!

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:49 pm

You should have the most important maps by now, Xenophon.

If new ones get released, you are sure to be spammed through all Tribes Revengeance channels possible. :)

HighDive