Machinima Ideas wanted.

Keep all spam in here. Off topic talk in here!
scaled_One

Machinima Ideas wanted.

Post by scaled_One » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:45 am

Let's see. I have a computer that was eh back in 06 that's only been slightly upgraded. I have tribes vengeance, software to record demo footage from different angles, a usb microphone of likely meh quality, and a copy of fraps that works with XP.

I also have no idea what I am doing.

At least at first I'll want to do something on my own, since I've discovered a cold hard truth that I am unable to depend on knowing when I have chunks of time free.

The fact I am using fraps on a not really that great of a system likely will not help, but nothing for it other than to go.

Ida's to run with beyond 'guy exploring different bases trying to find stuff to get by? Wonder how hard it would be to make multiplayer a map single player, drop in some AI opponents/entities, and record off of that for action. Probably harder than getting a team of people together and block things out.

Bugs me that each player can't set their armor/skin. That presents an issue since it would suck not being able to do a map just because 'oh you can't be imperial here.' Frankly Iwant to do this in tribes 2, but that game lacks anything that would let me free look during demos. I have no idea how to remove the hud., and vengeance has all those nice bits of kipple that serve as interesting (data pads, computers, chairs, and all.)

Ah well, newbie bawwing over mapping stuff. What I'd really like is someone that knows vengeance/unreal 2k4 mapping that could edit so I could focus on blocking out sequences.

Worst case I could sit and record demo files, record audio, and see if someone else can do the actual shots in fraps (not ideal.)

Question again is what to have as story given at first I want to start with single person. Thanks to audacity could possibly do a few voices. So hrm. Little lost tribesman?

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Re: Machinima Ideas wanted.

Post by HighDive » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:32 am

Hmm. I would have to think this one through. (I'm not a good guy when it comes down to fantasy stuff lol)

A possible nice point to get inspiration from might be the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3UiWvefGZ0

Note this was captured using the spectator mod when people are doing it live, rather than using the Rypelcam inside a recorded demo.

HighDive

scaled_One

Re: Machinima Ideas wanted.

Post by scaled_One » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 am

Well tribes has a lot of lore to follow, and if nothing else it's futuristic that isn't halo.