Everything about Tribes.
Asmodai

Re: Promod feedback topic

Post by Asmodai » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 pm

OMG Yeahhh remove energy drain on blaster :D

Oui

Post by Oui » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:01 pm

soo , to refresh this site a little bit , a few notes from me on the gameplay i see the last days :

First of all : sniper
- this weapon is nowadays causing as much rage as never before. Each map i join i see pure fury on the chat about this weapon , people leaving after posting smth like 'screw that laser show' etc. I won't lie and say that this weapon is the main reason why I didn't play pretty much any tribes in the last 2 weeks , cause each map i join i can already see a shitload of snipers on the enemy D , and not a single capper on my team (because who wants to cap against them...) . Also people tend to use this weapon a lot nowadays. Even in 2v2 it happens that there are 2 guys standing on D with the snipe , which is just pure bullshit. If it somehow happens that a larger group of people join the server it gets even worse. 2-3 (per team) on a 5v5 is standard . As a reaction ofc noone wants to cap against this laser wall ---> main reason for deff stacking . Reduce the dmg on body hit to something like 30 , so you can actually continue capping , make HS and insta kill on light.

2nd : knife
- the knife needs a slight buff , it's close to useless atm. I would say a mix between the previously overpowered one , and this useless one would do the trick :))

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:34 pm

I have increased knife range by 20% up to 300. (Note that the "OP long range" was 500)

Feedback please.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:41 pm

I think that the burner projectile should be slowed down by 1/4 and it's energy useage should be the same as the shotgun. and that the mortar projectile should travel faster by.. about 15%

and I think we should get the troc with all 4 boosted packs, I have heard people in the community asking for it this last weekend

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:48 pm

I suggest the following for the Energy Knife:

Buff damage to 40 per hit
Reduce energy usage to 50% of what it currently is or even remove it
Adjust midair stabs stat to actually get triggered when someone gets hit (even with shieldpack active on, etc etc)

Everyone agreed?

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 pm

HighDive wrote:I suggest the following for the Energy Knife:

Adjust midair stabs stat to actually get triggered when someone gets hit (even with shieldpack active on, etc etc)

Everyone agreed?

HighDive
I'd only give it a 20 point buff...it's all ready 2 stabs and your dead energy...meh I don't use it enough to know, perhaps counter with a 25%?

oooh umm on your retail server the knife is uber mean btw

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:58 pm

DiceRolla wrote:
HighDive wrote:I suggest the following for the Energy Knife:

Everyone agreed?

HighDive
I'd only give it a 20 point buff...it's all ready 2 stabs and your dead energy...meh I don't use it enough to know, perhaps counter with a 25%?

oooh umm on your retail server the knife is uber mean btw
The problem is that 2 knife hits don't kill. :p In my opinion you deserve to die if you get hit with a blade twice, so that's why I am suggesting these changes.

And yeah, there may be some inconsistencies, but should Cobra ever get to a point where he is happy enough to release what he has, I will then configure the servers again and watch every detail.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:05 pm

really? because the other night blood sniper and I where on...ooooh this was the throwback server too but it was two knife hits and you where dead

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 pm

DiceRolla wrote:really? because the other night blood sniper and I where on...ooooh this was the throwback server too but it was two knife hits and you where dead
Yeah that is correct. Throwback has promod too, but we have decreased the power of the knife, because of some issues. Obviously we had overdone it so we need to buff it a little again. Luckily the nowadays mods allow for such easy corrections without everyone needing to download yet another mutator.

HighDive

Zip

Post by Zip » Sun May 17, 2015 8:04 pm

Accorded to me, the speed pack has to be a bit decreased.
But if it has been extensively discussed before, I guess your argument are acceptable :)