Terrain Test ship

In here, all topics related to new T:V content (maps, skins, textures, ...) can be found. Map, skin or other requests can be made here, too.
DiceRolla

Terrain Test ship

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:42 am

sooooo...I dunno about this thing...it's huge I mean..the map has the same fog settings as drop ship..and you can see fog inside the building

that rectangle is about the size of a player

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Re: Terrain Test ship

Post by HighDive » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Nais Nais.

I know it is not the response you want to get, but... that terrain looks schweeeeet!

On topic though, I believe it can work out somehow. Put that thing on the ground and make the upper room some sort of control room with a second spawn room?

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 pm

what I was thinking was making the top room a spawn room, and setting catas inside the four doorways, invo's and deployables would go along the ledge on the floor, and dressing up the bottom of it and adding some "engine" looking things on the bevels and just using this base as the base to test out some terrains I have made, just need to import them and smooth them out a bit I've got 10 allready built just waintingo n importing lmao..but it takes like 45 min to smooth them out sometimes.

oor I could just put up some floating platforms..lol and just throw this thing out, I have a graveyard map somewhere in my maps folder of completed bases I didn't so much like currently theres like 7 of them in it

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:53 pm

lol did you see the response I got from facebook? "a dick shaped base" made me giggle a little

OakTribes

Post by OakTribes » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Very cool... I like how the way the entrances are designed so that more often than not a speedy flag grab would be obstructed (I assume the flag would be by the red rectangle.) It would have to a be a coordinated attack inside the ship with a sneaky grab and a getaway.
The def stacking would be real but offense can grapple around the bottom and shoot inside from various angles. I would not even see the purpose of a very large map outside if so much can be done in and around the ship.

Personally I would like to see a few smooth floating platforms between the bases, and below them a wide half-pipe-like hill littered with a few rocks so a non-grappler user can get from base to base with relative ease. Great work!

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:21 am

hows that look oak?

I had thought of putting the flag stand inside, but the current level of players may not make that a good idea. What I am trying to do is make a large base that is also useable during game play, basically with older bases you walk into a building to reinvo with the flag your a dead man one way or another because there is no fucking room!! type of deal, and in general theres no reason to go into a building, none I mean you have to walk bleh I mean basically we could jsut make three plat forms over terrain one with a deployable invo and repairer on it, one with a real invo and one where we spawn on, then have some sort of flag stand oh and a sensor lmao.

this building you can grapple and ski around in a bit, not at high speed but still faster than just walking, it has tons of openings but still provides cover.

now I intend to add some flaoting catapults near the front of the building (where I intend to place spawn points on that elongated dognught platform) and pults in the door ways so we can still grapple launch ourselves across the map if we so choose.

I was thinking about placeing FF's across the openings at the top and turn that into a gen room, a sensor...somewhere either on the nose of the ship or above the gen room. the three floating platforms in the base I wanted to put 2 quad invos on and deployables on the third platform.

as far as the flag stand...I'm considering below the spawn area on a plat form so it's still open but sense players will be spawning above it it would kinda be like RD.

any thoughts?

OakTribes

Post by OakTribes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:14 am

I am down with that idea too- All I would say is try not to make the interior of the ship too noisy. As cool as this beefed up base is, players will often want to spend as little time as possible out of the action. Interested to see how this ship turns out aesthetically, keep goin Dice!

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:11 am

yeah, lots of smooth surface lol I'm thinking like 4 or 8 wall details and some ceiling detail, could all ways make a version with the flag in the base, and one below. I intend to set this base over some terrains I have and pick peoples favorites and put bases on them that suit them think I'm up to like 12 terrains that look decent for tv and one terrain similar to faultline.

I dunno, been playin with WM2 lately due to photoshop roadblock

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:49 am

any thoughts on this? I'm shootin for a jet engine output...I umm yeah I dunno about it

scaled_One

Post by scaled_One » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 am

That actually looks pretty interesting. First ship looked too bland. The one with cutaways look more interesting but keeps things simple with free lanes to buzz through.

The jet exhaust thing looks nice. So big central one with angled jets at the corners for stabilization?

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm

tryed the angled ones on the corners, made it tooo busy, instead I'm going to change thignsu p a little and imply that the black and white texture is where it generates thrust and just leave it at that.

I've decorated the terrain on this one, I need to redo some textures still...just some fine tuning for a less turtle looking boarder and convert some stuff to static mesh to make things render more smoothly and then add game assets and the ship is done.

it's mostly been a "learn how to photoshop" week

I animated all the tree limbs in the map to move in the wind..or at least look like it, not super noticeable but it's a nice effect

scaled_One

Post by scaled_One » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't know how well the map will play, but it looks nice to me.

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:31 am

well thats all the work on the base, I need to put in base assets and build all and then upload a zip...I don't have the greatest feeling about the terrain but thats not what this building was about. I'm gonna put this building on a few different terrains and see what you folks like.

I don't think I over did it by making it too busy

I optimized the rendering by reducing the brush count from 1500 to 260...not as nice looking but it needed it...oh damn

note: NEED TO MAKE TWO SHADERS

scaled_One

Post by scaled_One » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:44 am

I like it!

What assets? Flag stand, stations, and all?

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 am

base assets are invos, flag, flag stand, gen, sensor spawn points, power online offline deal, rover tank airship pod spawn pads and deployable spawn points, also things like fuel stations ball goals ball, fuel, weapon spawn points..I think even ammo might be under calsses/baseobjects