Render Options

Post or request Tribes related GFX here (movies, pictures, logo's, avatars, signatures, ...).
Sink

Render Options

Post by Sink » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:01 am

Everyone knows this problem an heres a little help.
I always take the Video-Codec: H.264
Its a pretty neat codec comes out with a nice qulity and mostly used by pretty much everyone.

besides the codec the quality of your rendered video depends on the bitrate youre choosing.
The right bitrate depends on the resolution and the framerate youve chosen.
On youtube you can take a look on whats the best bitrate for you.
Here you go:

2160p (4K).......35–45 Mbit/s....53–68 Mbit/s
1440p (2K).......16 Mbit/s........24 Mbit/s
1080p............ 8 Mbit/s.........12 Mbit/s
720p..............5 Mbit/s.........7,5 Mbit/s
480p..............2,5 Mbit/s.......4 Mbit/s
360p..............1 Mbit/s.........1,5 Mbit/s

Have fun with this

Sink

Re: Render Options

Post by Sink » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:10 am

Oh and another thing.
30 fps are clearly enuf.
25 are the highest framerate youre brain can get so dont waste youre hardspace for too much frames ;)

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:16 am

Thanks!

Could you also post settings of Sony Vegas please? :D

HighDive

Sink

Post by Sink » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:23 am

Should be exactly the same ...just looking diffrent.
I dont use vegas anymore.

Fifato

Post by Fifato » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:01 am

Sink wrote:Oh and another thing.
30 fps are clearly enuf.
25 are the highest framerate youre brain can get so dont waste youre hardspace for too much frames ;)

Wait what?

Sink

Post by Sink » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:08 am

ask your local cinema wich framerate they use

Fifato

Post by Fifato » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:30 am

I can ask them but that wont asnwer the "25 is the highest frame rate your brain can get".

I am not saying you should render in 60, I myself used only 30 for a project I captured with a 50fps camera, just because its less work and in movies its not needed, but the difference between 30 and 60 is so big. And your brain can "get" way more than that.

120/144hz monitors are bought because it is even more smoother. The jump from 60 is still visible, or, you can feel it.

In a tweet yesterday, sony encourages VR developers to target 90fps with their games, because it needs to run solid 60fps (actual rendered fps) or better, as any dropped frames can cause discomfort.
Of course we arent playing on VR and dropped frames wont cause any discomfort for us, but this is just another fact that our brain can "get" way more than 25fps.

Its funny tho that it is said by Sony, the creator of the PS4 that can barely run 30fps and ubisoft calls it cinematic feel, lol.

I dont wanna argue over frames tho, like peasants do. I would like to keep this friendly, so please dont take it as an offense.

Thanks for the bitrate help tho, will be usefull one day.

Fifato

Sink

Post by Sink » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:36 pm

So if you feel better you won with your argue that its not "the highest the brain can get"....jerk on that I didnt calced the appereance of a Professor here.
What I said in the same sentense about wasting workspace is the main reason in filming why ppl use 25 frames (thats what the cinema whould may answer you).
So just excuse my incaution writing a sentence explaining some things about wasting space, so you can confound with brain-science (that was just not my point) *lol*

Oui

Post by Oui » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Why so mad sink? :D
You can't doubt that there IS a difference between 30 and 60fps videos on YouTube , be honest with you ;) It's a lot smoother.

btw. IF i remember correctly , H.264 in Sony Vegas was simply called MP4 , but I might be wrong since I didn't touch that program for a year

Sink

Post by Sink » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:19 pm

[sarcasm]fuck yeah im the mad one xD[/sarcasm]
Im sick of ppl just wanna hear that theire right...but damn you are man...and fifato too..but if you guys just would read what im talking about and just ignoring this one wrong picked sentense [fucking] you would see that I am fucking right cause I know what im fucking talking bout.
I know the damn diffence between a video and a video-game...Its such a fucking huge one that I dont even know what that argument has to do here but make other ppl think fifato is such a fucking intelligent guy[/fucking]
(not beeing mad at fifato too)
Fact is I was tring to help ppl here to render for Uploading stuff, without sitting hours to upload without loosing the good quality and if I dont get this explained right here...okay...then correct me man and I will learn from it.
But NOBODY here tried to optimize something about my rendering-settings, I am optimizing myself since I edit.

Cause were at the Internet here usually have to be the part where I tell you guys how much experience I have and what a great guy I am but fuck...that would just be the same shit ppl did here.
So let me alone with your 140hz monitors and 60fps videos cause that (again) was never what I was talking about.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________
Sink is mad when he tells somebody he frapped his ass out of demos and made rypelcamscenes and stuff and the other one is just releasing the stuff befor i did...
Man that was sooooo frustrating and one of the 70%reasons I stopped editing so far.
AND I'm still not really mad at you mancause I can imagine why you did so, so dont call me the mad one.
You are that lucky that I didnt delete it and even still use it...ive got about 3 versions of this fragpart without your used stuff man! (Another timewaste)
Dunno whos reading here or not thats why I gotta explain something:
I will still write my opinion about eveything I think I dont wanna deal with and thats nothing about beeing mad...its just the feeling that it have to be said.
2009 is long gone and we all grew up so pls let ppl the freedom writing their opinion without kidding or smartaleking around!

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:49 am

The original post was helpful, but the rest has now derailed and it is time to end that discussion. Please lock the thread or delete all posts after and including Fifato's first one.
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

Sink

Post by Sink » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:12 am

I think that has to be said

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:25 am

Agreed.

Anyone willing to contribute to this topic can make a new topic to discuss this in or contact me. If something comes out of it, I will edit this topic.

Thanks everyone for the input. You may not believe it, but it really helps people like myself!

HighDive