New list! 2014 edition!

Everything about Tribes.
Binswees

New list! 2014 edition!

Post by Binswees » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:51 pm

The players in this list are those who came back in 2014 after Killer restarted Tribes Vengeance and who in one or another way have made a positive impact on me! I wanted to make a new list but never got to it until now when Keelei asked me about it.
Here I just give the players some general thoughts I had of him/her and also some general scoring in the main aspects of the game. Remember all of this is just based off of my own opinion!

Scoring
Gamesense: How much awereness the player had in-game and knowledge of what to do any given situation.
Mobility: How good the player was at skiing, jetting and grappling plus overall skill in both chasing and capping.
Accuracy: How good the player could aim with prefered weapons.
Versatility: How flexible the player was in-game and how many roles the player could play. Basically overall skill.

The point of this is just for good memory and also a good read.

All-right! Sorry for bad grammar and/or bad spelling
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Player: Asmodai

This guy has been with us for a very long time. Didn't like him back in the days due to shitty french connection which made him warp a lot, and since this was when speed hacking was a big problem, there was a lot of drama.
In 2014 he came back without warps and I looked past all that drama and saw a very skilled player who I recruited. Really friendly guy who stood out in capping and was a strong cg chaser. He might not have reached top 3 level but was definetly a #2
pick in mixes. Very stable player who always did good in-game. :) Much love to you.

Gamesense: 5
Movement: 5
Accuracy: 4
Versatility: 5

Player: Bonedancer

Can't say too much about this guy, never really knew him or paid too much attention. But, I know he was decent capper and played for Game Over back in the days. Can't tell if he peaked 2010 or 2014 really, but I think he's
still worth to mention! I always respect decent cappers :) Probably a #3 or #4 pick in mixes.

Gamesense: 3.5
Movement: 4
Versatility: 3.5

Player: Cake

This fucker had potential, holy hell... Even though he barely played he was one scary mother fucker, especially on his good days. Unfortounately he played too little
and stopped kinda early in 2014 so he never became a top 3 player. He mostly played Defence and didn't have the best mobility. But definetly crazy aim and gamesense! Also did a lot of work with the server and modding!
A #2 or #3 pick in mixes.

Accuracy: 5
Versatility: 4

Player: Disguise

The #1 uprising player in eu! From a nobody to a dangerous player in just a month or two. This guy improved a lot in no time at all. Would have reached top 3 level, but something happened.. the improvment came to a halt
and he got very easily sad and emo in-game, he basically stopped believing in himself in-game. With that came less frequent play time and more rust, until he eventually stopped all-together. No idea what happened to him in life, maybe it was just hormones coming into play as he was only 17 years old. Big shame to see him disappear like that.

Gamesense: 4
Accuracy: 4.5

Player: Deed, Navis

Yea damn, probably the player I have accused the most of cheating, haha. A female player, which I respect a lot. Peaked early on, around 2007-08, but got very damn good in 2014 aswell in a very short amout of time.
Stood out with her incredible gamesense and aimbot-like aim. Seemed to be lacking in movement though, and never used grapple much. The few times I saw she try wasn't very impressive. But yea, she made
up for it with aim and awereness and could play most roles. Definetly #1 pick.

Versatility: 4.5

Player: Hawk

A really friendly guy and good player. He started getting annoyingly good in 2014. Even got to a point where I thought he was becoming top 5 or even 3. He seemed a bit unstable though, so sometimes
he would just be decent, other days he would destroy everyone. Stood out with his amazing disc aim and I would even go so far to say he had the best disc aim ever in t:v at his peak. Unforutnately he's mobility and positioning wasn't really on pair
with his aim, which would've made him even better. A #2 or #3 pick in mixes at his peak!

Player: Holgin

This was actually a really good player! He was a really strong capper with decent awereness. To me he never really stood out in anything but cap though. I know he could play defence and chase aswell, but just nothing special.
I never really spoke much with him, but he's definetely worth mentioning. I think if he would've played more he would of have gotten really good. But at his peak he was probably just a #3 or #4 pick in mixes. Can't tell much more about him, but very good capper for sure!

Movement: 4.5

Player: Heavy

Oh boy.. this guy. The best NA player without a doubt. I don't know how he did it, but he always managed to perform along side the top players in Europe.. ping hax!? :D I feared this guy, and even thought he had bad ping
he often owned me. He was a very versitile player aswell.. extremly good heavy player but could also cap and chase. This guy get all my respect! Sucks he didn't play all too much and left us somewhere mid 2014. Because of high ping he was probably #2 or #3 pick in mixes, but if he would've had good ping he was easily a #1 pick.

Player: Jinx

I didn't really know this guy until 2014, but quickly noticed he was a strong mother fucker. Recruited him early and we became close pals. Had good times in mumble in both tribes vengeance and cs:go.
As I didn't know him until 2014 I can only assume he was in best shape 2014, as that's where most people peaked in individual skill in the current game state.
He was definetely a top 3 player and a #1 pick in mixes. He stood out in capping and heavy offence.

Player: Jestar

This guy been in the game for a long ass time, just like myself. Somehow never really stood out. Mostly played with speed pack and duelled a lot, which made him lack gamesense and mobility. So he was mostly
put on either LoF, MF fragger or distrupt. Did improve a bit somewhere mid 2014 when switching to E-pack, but never got to top levels. A respected movie maker, which I really like! A overall friendly guy with good heart. A #3 or #4 pick in mixes.

Gamesense: 3
Movement: 3.5
Versatility: 3

Player: Keelei

Don't think I paid much attention to this guy until 2014, can't remember it anyways. He, just like Striker learned extremely fast and stood out to me very quickly. Very
dangerous aim and could play most roles very decently. Peaked 2014 aswell I'd say. Have had many good rabbit sessions with him and I've always liked him as we have had similar view
of how the game should be played. He was a very good defence player and chaser and I can't say anything bad about his awereness either. Stood out in sniping. Wasn't a #1 pick, but definetly #2 or #3 in mixes.

Player: Killer, HighDive

Probably the only player who I felt really reached the same level, if not even better than myself. He was in the best shape
late 2014. Always played on a toaster with avg 50 fps and played on default config, which held him down. If he would've played on a decent machine and personlized
his config to fit him the best he would've destroyed everyone. Easily a #1 pick in mixes. He stood out in stand defence with his midairs
and knife combos, could chase and also cap while having really good gamesense. Top 3 player.

Player: Liquid

Oooooh Liquid ;) Our own little kiddo in t:v. :lol: He had decent gamesense and aim but was extremely unstable. Some days he would just fail and rage, the next day he would destroy people. Tbh I don't really remember
liquids favorite position, but I think he played some of all. Never reached a very high level, but definetely mention worthy as I've had many good games with him! Proabably #3 or #4 pick.

Player: Ness

I think this guy had potential. He never stood out, but knew most positions in a decent way and had a good aim. He was kinda up and down, sometimes he would play really good, other days he would fail a lot. He stopped kinda early in 2014
so it just comes down to not enough play time really. I didn't speak to him too much. A #3 or #4 pick in mixes.

Player: Orphea, Callypso

Holy fuck, this woman can be annoying! Always been a great capper and rabbit. I never managed to figure it out, but I guess it was just hear damn woman brain that I couldnt read. I never had such hard time
reading a player like Orphea when she was rabbiting. Everytime I was chasing her and thought "NOW I GOT HER!" she would make the opposite move and get away! That's however the only role she stood out in. She wasn't a very good chaser which always been odd to me since her rabbit was so amazing. Was a decent stand D sniper though. #2 pick in mixes.

Player: Oak

A super friendly guy. Started getting pretty damn good late 2014 but never reached top levels. Played on a roaster which held him back a lot, also played on default config iirc.
Was always fun playing with him in games though. Probably the guy who has done the most crazy stuff and shots in game, also the one who has accidently teamkilled me the most out of all players, haha!
Very decent guy, probably a #4 or #5 pick in mixes. Stood out in buckler defence.

Movement: 3

Player: Oui

I didn't pay much attention to this guy until 2014 where I noticed he had great skill. Also a really good movie maker who I respect a shitton! Became very
close friend with this guy :). Unfortunately suffered from horrible polish internet which held him down a lot. He could play most roles and had good gamesense. Probably
a unfair score due his internet connection, but because of that henever reached top 3 levels. Didn't really stand out in any particular position, just overall awesome player.

Gamesense: 4.5
Accuracy: 4.5

Player: Pak

Hmmmmm, not sure what to say about Pak. He improved a lot in 2014, but never reached top levels. A very decent player imo. He knew defence and offense, had strong aim and decent awereness but never really stood out.
Was hard to communicate with him as he barely spoke english, so I never got to know him. Overall decent player who I have had many good games with, worth a mention imo! A #4 or #5 pick in mixes.

Player: Rain

I have had many ups and down with this guy :D ^^. The only player who has been a step ahead of myself in aim and movement for as long as I can remember.
Never seemed to get rusty either, he could stop for 3 months and then come and still dominate. Was always #1 pick in mixes. Stood out in both capping, distrupt and defence.
Dangerous as hell!

Player: Slazer

Holyshit do I have history with this fellow :) This guy went from being my #1 hate object to my best in-game friend <3. Easily same level as myself and on
a good day he would wreck my ass. Was in the best shape 2009-2010. In 2014 he Suffered from real bad polish connection and family issues which held him down a lot, but the few times his
connection was stable he would dominate. Easily #1 pick in mixes. He stood out in defence and offence with great aim and awereness. Had extremely dangerous plasma. Top 3 player and very good friend! <3

Player: Striker

Never knew this one until 2014, but damn did he learn quick! Went from the average player to a top 5 player in just a few month. What made me happy was that he
not only learned aim and movement, but also developed incredible gamesense, which is what is most important. Since he wasn't very known for most he was probably still #2 pick in
pickups, but absolutely deserving #1. Stood out in capping but also chasing. Had many good rabbit sessions with this guy :)

Player: Sink

Did anyone say random lucky crazy midair!? :D Fuck me, this guy easily had the most crazy midairs I have ever seen, lol! Also made a lot of good movies in t:v. He wasn't a top player, but he was very goood tbh.
He knew how to cap, chase, snipe and defend, and I remember his HoF play could be real annoying 1v1. What he lacked was gamesense and never reached top level in any position. I like the guy and he definetely has got to be on this list! :)
A #4 pick in mixes.

Player: Tapir

This guy did so much good for t:v with his scripting, gfx, modding and mapping! A very friendly guy with a good heart. Very quiet guy though, so didn't really get to know him. He did become a okey SaH sniper, but
that's about it. He seemed to have a hard time improving really and never reached very high skill level. A #6 or #7 pick in mixes.

Movement: 2.5
Accuracy: 3
Versatility: 2

Player: Thor

This guy pretty much had it all. A very skillfull player and #1 frag collector. Also got into video editing and made a very sick edit in t:v, much respect for that. He loved his heavy, and was really dangerous with it.
Besides that he knew how to cap, defend and chase. Problem with Thor was that he just got too easily bored, some had to do with very bad polish connection a bit into 2014 so he played less and less often, until he disappeared.
Not a #1 pick in mixes but definetely #2 or #3. If the ping would've been decent, and him not so easily bored, he would've been top 3 without a doubt.

Player: Vassago

Haha, this guy. Never noticed him at all until a bit into 2014 when Slazer started seeing potential in him. He was a decent SaH sniper and decent Heavy O. He lacked a lot gamesense and mobility though.
I don't know why but he never really improved enough to reach top levels. Not a veristile player and probably a #4 or #5 pick. Had good games with him despite his quickchat spam ^^.

Movement: 3.5
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've most likely forgotten someone, if you care enough, just tell me and I will see if I can add him/her on the list.

Peace out!
Last edited by Binswees on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ness

Re: New list! 2014 edition!

Post by Ness » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Tapir
good heart
nope

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Good read, I agree on most of what you wrote here and have made similar observations. I wanted to give a couple people from your list special mentions, but when writing about a few I want to write about everyone, and too tired for that right now so I'll skip it for now :mrgreen:
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 am

Interesting read, as it was a couple of years ago.

I, for one, would be very interested in reading a couple of T:V testimonials from all of you guys. :)

HighDive

Sink

Post by Sink » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 am

never saw this list lol.
Warm words man ty :)

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:38 am

Imho Phantom/Sengers must be in this list as well! :)

HighDive

Binswees

Post by Binswees » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

I only got to see him the very first few weeks when I got back.. then he left and was gone almost entire 2014. So nope :/

Sengers

Post by Sengers » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 pm

I am not good enough to be put on this list.

I am not kidding, I can't even manage my energy properly still...

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:16 am

Sengers wrote:I am not good enough to be put on this list.

I am not kidding, I can't even manage my energy properly still...
Your randomness makes you worse to chase down than Orphea at moments! Especially yesterday on Riven! :lol:

HighDive

Binswees

Post by Binswees » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:00 am

lol you're definetely good enough, just didnt see u in 2014