Promod feedback topic

Everything about Tribes.
HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Promod feedback topic

Post by HighDive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Yo sup guys,

In here you can tell your opinion about the current promod. Does it suck? Is it awesome? Is something missing? Whatever! Let us know!

HighDive

ShadeOfChaos

Re: Promod feedback topic

Post by ShadeOfChaos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 pm

HighDive wrote:Yo sup guys,

In here you can tell your opinion about the current promod. Does it suck? Is it awesome? Is something missing? Whatever! Let us know!

HighDive
Are there bugs crawling up your air exhaust near your rear end? Tell us, tell us all your dirty secrets.. And bugs, preferably bugs.

Asmodai

Post by Asmodai » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 pm

First of all, thank for the work done !

My first impressions :

- The spawn invulnerability seems too short, did you reduce it ?
- Only the sensor should be vulnerable, spawn kill is already efficient. Or maybe allow baserape above 14 players.

It would be great if you create a topic with all the changes done, im sure i noticed only a portion of it :lol:

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Asmodai wrote:First of all, thank for the work done !

My first impressions :

- The spawn invulnerability seems too short, did you reduce it ?
- Only the sensor should be vulnerable, spawn kill is already efficient. Or maybe allow baserape above 14 players.

It would be great if you create a topic with all the changes done, im sure i noticed only a portion of it :lol:
http://forum.tribesrevengeance.com/view ... ?f=14&t=81 This lists a lot of changes. Though, I am sure Cobra will make a more complete list once he has to spend less time into fixing annoying bugs and errors.

Yeah, the fact that rape was enabled at all on the 'promod' server, was a problem and not the way we wanted it. I figured out what was causing it though.

I have just updated the servers with the newest version of the promod and baserape, deployables and ground midairs seem to be fixed!

HighDive

Oui

Post by Oui » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 pm

first of all - GREAT work Cobra , promod seems far more modifiable now.
Since the ground shot midair and base rape has been fixed i'm really satisfied with it at this moment.
It seemed almost impossible to gl ma yesterday, a lot of shots didn't hit even tho they normally would , but maybe that's only my sucky aim.

Also i would like to see some further explanation about the new midair stat things. what requirements do you now need to pass in order to get eat disc or omg? Only range matters or also enemy speed etc?

Cobra
Revengeance Engineer

Post by Cobra » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Oui wrote:first of all - GREAT work Cobra
I'm not the only one working on the promod though. Killer and Jumbo are there as well to make sure I don't release too many bugs. (the bugs ingame are thus completely their fault, /not ;p)
Oui wrote:Also i would like to see some further explanation about the new midair stat things. what requirements do you now need to pass in order to get eat disc or omg? Only range matters or also enemy speed etc?
Ah, I forgot about that.

The only thing that matters for "Eat Disc" and "OMG" is the distance now, and it is changed that way because I wanted to prevent the "27 stats for one MA" issue by having only 1 stat / projectile at a time.
Because of that, I can only set one variable (being the distance), otherwise people could get no stat if, for instance, the target were to be far enough, but fly too slow (People are not gonna like that hehe).

So, here are the set of requirements needed for the spinfusor ma stats, not sure if it will be of any help though, because god knows what these numbers actually mean...

Midair Disc:

Code: Select all

minTargetAltitude=400
minDistance=0
MaxDistance=12000
minDamage=44.000000
Eat Disc:

minTargetAltitude=400
minDistance=12000
MaxDistance=30000
minDamage=44.000000
OMG:

minTargetAltitude=400
minDistance=30000
MaxDistance=900000
minDamage=44.000000
Cobra ~ Cake

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:32 pm

QUESTION TOWARDS EVERYONE:

So, the current issue is where lots and lots people complain about def stacking, where many snipe and cg.

How would you suggest fixing this 'issue'?

HighDive

Oui

Post by Oui » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm

reducing snipe dmg

ShadeOfChaos

Post by ShadeOfChaos » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:48 pm

I'd say make snipe not an insta shot. Sure it can travel fast but right now it's kinda ridiculous.
The main reson people complain about sniper I'd say is because it is too easy to line people up and shoot them out of the sky compared to using anything else. If it's atleast avoidable like most things are, by seeing it coming even if only a bit, I'm sure that'd go a long way.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 am

The sniper has never been a hitscan. ;) At large distances you have to aim (far) in front of the target.

HighDive

ShadeOfChaos

Post by ShadeOfChaos » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:31 pm

HighDive wrote:The sniper has never been a hitscan. ;) At large distances you have to aim (far) in front of the target.

HighDive
What I mean is that it's projectile just travels way too fast, people don't notice it, get pissed when shot, throw a hissy fit, and pasta another weapon that needs banning :p

Asmodai

Post by Asmodai » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:56 pm

D Stack and Snipe spam aren't the same problem. D Stack in Tribes Vengeance is rare, since we aren't enough to stack a position. On 5v5, 1 O and 4 D is weaker than a balance distribution role. The problem is more about sniper, long range weapons with high damage are just OP in all FPS-Z, and they have a high efficiency/skill ratio.

Distraction and synchronisation are the solution, its frustrating because you depend of other players, but its one of the interest of the game (you can destroy the sensor and blind sniper too).

tapir

Post by tapir » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:10 pm

ShadeOfChaos wrote:people don't notice it, get pissed when shot
Does it matter what killed you? You can always use a buckler. How about a mod allowing only 1 sniper in a team?

Keelei

Post by Keelei » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 pm

K all of you need to understand something, the problem is not snipe or cg or any other weapon, its def stacking in pubs, sniper and cg do NOT cause def stacking it happens a lot with those weapons or without them(I cant count how many times I had a 4v4 game pub, where nobody used snipe or cg, and yet i ended up alone on def defending against absolutely nothing because the enemy team simply had 4def). And sadly, the only way to fix the issues is to fix the players, make them acknowledge a full d team isnt acceptable and you need offense.

Edit: Aslo it doesnt matter what weapons people use, if both teams d stack with 1 capper, the game is just gonna be horrible for the cappers and boring for the defenders. While with decent team role balance it will be good for both sides, no matter what weapons are used.(as long as 1 team doesnt outskill the other massively)

Asmodai

Post by Asmodai » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Right, but "fixing" ppl in pub is impossible, you cant force them to do what you want, hopefully.. And how do you count new player who just try to play and put their ass on D ? D stack ?...

..Just need to mix ;)

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm

My opinions on promod (which I assume majority of people will disagree on but whatever)

- I never liked plasma particularly much, it doesn't have to go many people seem to love it but... It just feels like a disc 2.0 that duelists use to hunt high style points with.

- Imo knife range is overkill (seriously why does it need to be like a freaking light saber, and why did it need a range increase from default in the first place? If it has to have a range increase then please don't overdo it, the range is nowhere close to the animation)

- I would like sensor rape to be active, at LEAST for mixes if not for pub! (current command map is completely stupid for actual ctf games)

- DISABLE INVENTORIES FOR FLAG CARRIERS.

I think this is it for now.
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

ShadeOfChaos

Post by ShadeOfChaos » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Hawk wrote:DISABLE INVENTORIES FOR FLAG CARRIERS.
I can atleast say we're working on this :p
Not as easy as it may sound though ^^;

As for a bug, or change that needs making. Reload time between a returned grappling hook and a new one. I often notice it when I break my own line that it immediately tries to fire the next one and often does fire because of how little time there is between breaking and being allowed to fire again.

OakTribes

Post by OakTribes » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:18 am

Hawk wrote: - I never liked plasma particularly much, it doesn't have to go many people seem to love it but... It just feels like a disc 2.0 that duelists use to hunt high style points with.
I thought the same thing for awhile, and though I don't use it I can see the uniqueness of not having any knockback. It allows skilled players to combo easier when your opponents trajectory isn't effected by the first ma, which is cool :p
Imo these types of weapon are the most rewarding skill/luck wise and variables of them would be great, like projectiles that pierce players and/or objects, start slow and speed up in the air, or one that follows a unique flight pattern.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Hawk wrote:- Imo knife range is overkill (seriously why does it need to be like a freaking light saber, and why did it need a range increase from default in the first place? If it has to have a range increase then please don't overdo it, the range is nowhere close to the animation)
This has been adjusted in the current promod build, v1_rc6. The range has been decreased to 200, coming from 500.

HighDive

Keelei

Post by Keelei » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Hawk wrote: - DISABLE INVENTORIES FOR FLAG CARRIERS.
So much this. Thats the only game related issue I have right now.

Binswees

Post by Binswees » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:31 am

Here are some of my thoughts:

Plasma

Change it to use ammo instead of energy drain, 15 ammo.

Nerf the damage to 38 instead of 50. This way you can still kill a light with 2 hits.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ChainGun

Nerf the spread to 0, this will remove any luck you can have with it.

Nerf the damage to 3 hp.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sniper

Nerf Sniper damage from 50 to 38 hp. This way it doesn't deal very much, but you can still kill a light with 2 hits.

Spinfusor

Buff the disc speed from it's current value to all the way up to 7000.

Flag

Nerf the inheritance from 0.6 to 0.5 for better consistency.

Buff the throw power slightly, about 20%.

Buff the throw charge speed, about 20%.

Inventories

Disable inventory use for flag carriers. Will make it a little harder to re-inve as you will have to drop the flag for it.

Energy Blade

Why nerf actually stylish and fun weapons? The speeds and the maps are big enough to have a long blade range, or else it just gets way too luck based and rare that you actually happened to get close enough to the enemy. The blade is more about the reflex and know-how-to-use clutch weapon. This nerf is stupid, this will enforce people even more to go chain and snipe.

That's it for now, will post more as they pop up in my head.

Asmodai

Post by Asmodai » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Spinfusor doesn't need a buff, it's already a must have IMO.

For the blade, either range have to be nerf, or damage have to be nerf and knock back remove (at least, if a defender hit a capper with the blade, it shouldn't break his trajectory, or it should be hard to achieve).

For the rest, i agree 100% :)

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Binswees wrote:Spinfusor

Buff the disc speed from it's current value to all the way up to 7000.
You gotta be fucking shitting me....
Binswees wrote: Energy Blade

Why nerf actually stylish and fun weapons? The speeds and the maps are big enough to have a long blade range, or else it just gets way too luck based and rare that you actually happened to get close enough to the enemy. The blade is more about the reflex and know-how-to-use clutch weapon. This nerf is stupid, this will enforce people even more to go chain and snipe.
You have a point but the range was so long that there was nothing stylish about the weapon, you pretty much had to slash somewhere in the general direction of an enemy and you would chunk them almost to death, however after playing with the nerfed one a while now I'll agree that the range reduction may have been a bit too much, a reasonable medium in between the current and the previous settings should be able to provide a challenging yet strong enough weapon that is worth to use, and actually stylish and fun as you said.

The rest was more or less spot on.
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:17 am

What are the opinions about the blaster, buckler and rocket pod?

Should any of these receive a buff or nerf and why?

HighDive

Binswees

Post by Binswees » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 am

The current disc speed value is iirc 6800, if it would be buffed to 7000 it wouldn't break the game at all, so I got no clue what you are talking about hawk when you say that.

Remove the energy drain from Blaster and then we got another chase weapon, asmo will be kicking ass :) (Never liked energy draining weapons in tribes)