Setting up a map in TVed and using MOJO [VID TUT]

Everything about Tribes.
Binswees

Setting up a map in TVed and using MOJO [VID TUT]

Post by Binswees » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 pm

First of all, HUGE thanks to tapir for helping me remember how to work in TVed and finding all attachment bones, you are seriously the best! :D
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open a map in TVed and add your cutscenecharacter!

1.Open TVed located in your Bin folder, and just open any map you want by clicking File -> Open.

2. Go to the View tab and click "Show Class Browser", and click the "All " button if it isn't active that is located just over the list and then in the classes browser go to View - Flat view.

3. Find CutsceneCharacter in the list, select it, and right click anywhere on the map and hit Add -> Add CutsceneCharacter here".

4. Right click on the Character you just added and go to CutsceneCharacter properties, a new window will popup and scroll down Display and find the Mesh: "SkeletalMesh'LightArmour.PhoenixLight'".

5. Go to View - > Show Animations Browser, and in the "Package" drop down menu, you will find LightArmour, MediumArmour and HeavyArmour, pick what you want and on the Drop down menu just below called "Mesh" pick male or female.

6. Go to the CutsceneCharacter properties window that we opened just earlier again, and to the right of where it says "SkeletalMesh'LightArmour.PhoenixLight'" hit the arrow ">" and click "Use".
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now lets add weapons and packs!

1. Go to the Class Browser again, and this time find DynamicObject (there might be 2 but I don't think it matters.) Add it anywhere on the map like you did with the "CutsceneCharacter".

2. Go to it's properties just like you did with the CutsceneCharacter and scroll down to"Display" again, but this time find StaticMesh "StaticMesh'PhysicsObjects.Cube'"

3. Go to View - Show Static Mesh Browser and in the drop down menu you will find "LightArmour", "MediumArmour" and "weapons". Click any weapon that end with "held" or whichever Jetpack you need.

4. Go back to the DynamicObject properties window and to the right of "StaticMesh'PhysicsObjects.Cube'" click the arrow ">". and hit "Use"

5 Add as many weapons and pack as you need :)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remove game properties from the map!

1. Press f6 to get up the level properties and look at the top for "DefaultGameType". If it says anything there, just simply remove it.

2. Scroll down to LevelSummary and find "SupportedModes" and Delete anything that is there.

3. Now go to the Build Tab at the top and hit "Build All" and let it process.

4. Save the map with a new name for example "mojotropics"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MOJO VIDEO TUTORIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_Iyel0yAc

*** FORGOT TO MENTION 2 THINGS ***

Moving camera and objects:

To move and look around just hold down Left Mouse Button.

To only rotate hold down Right Mouse Button.

To go up and down hold Both Left and Right Mouse Button.

Same goes for any object you want to move, only difference is you need to hold down Ctrl as you're moving it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When you are done, start Tribes Vengeance. In console type "open [map name]" without the quotes and without [ ]. Example: open mojotropics.tvm

Once in the map, type in console "cutscene [cutscene name]" without the quotes and without [ ]. (You pick the cutscene name when creating a new scene in Mojo) Example cutscene tropicsownage

Now your scene will play in full HD and you just FRAPS it! :)

Hope this helped, if you want me to upload a more advanced tutorial or just got questions of something specific, ask here or on Xfire "hexa1990".

Bins out! pz

Oui

Re: Setting up a map in TVed and using MOJO [VID TUT]

Post by Oui » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:29 pm

great stuff , gonna look into it :)

Oui

Post by Oui » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:30 am

so since i can't reach you on xfire somehow i'll write here about some problems i accur and can't fix it.
So first of all - i can't remove game properties in TVed. I Press F6 and nothing happens.

Maybe the following error are happening because i didn't remove it , idk.
So i save the map anyway , open it in MOJO etc. Now the map isn't standing straight. Like you know , it has like a 50* rotation and i can't change it.

Next problem - when i add an animation to my player model - MOJO crashes , saying :

Code: Select all

No Label

Crash Time: 06/20/14 12:17:24

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2711 MHz with 3326MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon HD 5670 (1247)

TV Build Number: 63446

TribesRespawnHUD raindanceMOJO.TribesRespawnHUD0 (Function Gameplay.TribesHUDBase.AddHUDMarker:007D) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.TribesHUDBase.AddHUDMarker' OBJ='TribesRespawnHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.TribesHUDBase.UpdateHUDSensorData' OBJ='TribesRespawnHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesCommandHUD.UpdateHUDData' OBJ='TribesRespawnHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesRespawnHUD.UpdateHUDData' OBJ='TribesRespawnHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.TribesHUDManager.UpdateHUDData' OBJ='TribesHUDManager0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController.PlayerTick' OBJ='PlayerCharacterController0'] <- UObject::ProcessEvent [Function Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController.PlayerRespawn.PlayerTick() on PlayerCharacterController raindanceMOJO.PlayerCharacterController0] <- APlayerController::Tick <- APlayerCharacterController::Tick <- TickActorObjects <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick [(NetMode=0)] <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld
Any idea?

tapir

Post by tapir » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:38 pm

Oui wrote:I Press F6 and nothing happens.
right click on terrain and go to 'level properties'
Oui wrote: Now the map isn't standing straight. Like you know , it has like a 50* rotation and i can't change it.
open actor browser(group browser), select 'all actors' and delete 2 objects labeled 'MultiplayerStart3'

Oui

Post by Oui » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:06 am

ok that works fine now , thanks for that.
Sadly i still get error and my mojo crashes when i try to add an animation

Binswees

Post by Binswees » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Yes it's important you remove game properties, do as Tapir said, right click anywhere on the map and click level properties

Oui

Post by Oui » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:17 pm

yes i've done everything tapir said and the map stands straight now. But still when i add an animation , click interpolate to , press Start to preview it - mojo crashes