Single player crash on SP-Coliseum

Having problems trying to play Tribes Vengeance? Encountering crashes, can't get a HUD to work, ... ?
Post in here!
HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Single player crash on SP-Coliseum

Post by HighDive » Fri May 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Hey guys,

I've been playing the Single Player for say 20 minutes and I always get a crash on the third map: SP-Coliseum.

I had just finished both fuel rounds after which the cutscene begins, announcing the kill or be killed round. Nearing the end of that scene, I always get a critical Error (see below).

Any idea's on how to get this fixed? I am already running it as administrator and this error is both occuring on Windows 8 and Vista. It doesn't matter if I run it in XP-mode or set any other limitations in the options menu, it still crashes 100%.
Of course, simply skipping the cutscene by pressing ESC asap resolves this, but then I can't watch the cutscene (obviously), so in my opinion this doesn't count as a fix.

Thanks in advance!

HighDive

Error message:

Code: Select all

1.0.1(63446)

Crash Time: 05/23/14 17:00:36

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2393 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (1106)

TV Build Number: 63446

AISpammer1Beagle SP-Coliseum-Arena.AISpammer1Beagle19 (Function Gameplay.Character.Team:0001) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.Character.Team' OBJ='AISpammer1Beagle19'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController.IsFriendly' OBJ='PlayerCharacterController5'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.Rook.ShouldBeMarked' OBJ='AISpammer1Beagle19'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.TribesHUDBase.UpdateHUDSensorData' OBJ='TribesCharacterHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesInGameHUD.UpdateHUDData' OBJ='TribesCharacterHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesCharacterHUD.UpdateHUDData' OBJ='TribesCharacterHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.TribesHUDManager.UpdateHUDData' OBJ='TribesHUDManager8'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController.PlayerTick' OBJ='PlayerCharacterController5'] <- UObject::ProcessEvent [Function Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController.CharacterMovement.PlayerTick() on PlayerCharacterController SP-Coliseum-Arena.PlayerCharacterController5] <- APlayerController::Tick <- APlayerCharacterController::Tick <- TickActorObjects <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick [(NetMode=0)] <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Fireant
Revengeance Engineer

Re: Single player crash on SP-Coliseum

Post by Fireant » Sun May 25, 2014 2:31 pm

From the log it seems to be some serialization problem, probably some objects recursively linking to them selves or similar... Serialization is usually made on saving and loading gamestate (or in network interactions, but i doubt that's the case).
I guess its problem with the specific game installation so messing with that should help (like reinstalling singleplayer and stuff).

Imamoth

Re: Single player crash on SP-Coliseum

Post by Imamoth » Mon May 26, 2014 2:14 pm

I had the same issue and all I had to do was Save right before and after each round and if it crashed I just reloaded, took me about 3 crashes.