weird sensitivity bugs...

Having problems trying to play Tribes Vengeance? Encountering crashes, can't get a HUD to work, ... ?
Post in here!
Oui

weird sensitivity bugs...

Post by Oui » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:57 pm

So i didn't play TV in a few days , wanted to join today for a map or two - and when i joined the sensitivity was HUGE , every little touch on the mouse did like 5 turns around myself. So i've checked tv_cd_dvd.ini and user.ini

In user.ini the line :

Code: Select all

[Engine.PlayerInput]
MouseSensitivity=2.000000
was put to 980.000000 , so i've changed it back to 2 , rejoined server - the same problem. So i once again changed the line in user.ini , then set the file to "Read only' and rejoined - the same problem. I can set it in game back to 2 using the console , but that's causing a weird mouse feeling , like acceleration back on , random mouse speed change etc.
I've checked the tribes folders for some 'new suspicious' files , also checked user.ini and tv_cd_dvd.ini if there were any new 'exec' lines or something like that , as well as the TV shortcut parameters.
Everything looks fine , i didn't find anything that could cause the problem....

Any help?

Oui

Re: weird sensitivity bugs...

Post by Oui » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:49 pm

ok fixed it

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

What did you do to fix it? It'd be nice to have this information for future reference...

Thanks.

HighDive

Oui

Post by Oui » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:33 am

Well i noticed that the sensetivity value changes to the value i had in 'mouse.ini' (tapirs way to get rid of mouse acceleration , see 2 topics below).
I had it set around 1000 since a month and the sens was just fine , now for some reason i have to put it to around 2-3 to get a good mouse speed.

As Cobra said me - 'Tribes logic' ;P