SomeOne new needs help

Having problems trying to play Tribes Vengeance? Encountering crashes, can't get a HUD to work, ... ?
Post in here!
DiceRolla

SomeOne new needs help

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:18 pm

When I try to start up TV my screen flickers for a bit and then this pops up "1.0.1(63446)
Crash Time: 12/17/14 18:44:37
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3575 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (1247)
TV Build Number: 63446
Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (E_INVALIDARG). Please delete your TV.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.
History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
"
Any suggestions? (I tried deleting the ini like it says.)

sooo I gave this person a replacement ini it didn't work, he booted it in XP compatibility mode and it didn't work, he deleted the ini, that didn't work. Any thoughts?

Cobra
Revengeance Engineer

Re: SomeOne new needs help

Post by Cobra » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Seems to be a common issue with unreal engine games. Not a lot of fixes though :/
The few answers that seemed to have helped, were editing the tv_cd_dvd.ini and adding your monitor's fullscreen resolution to "FullscreenViewportX=" and "FullscreenViewportY=" under [WinDrv.WindowsClient].

Also, If he is running a multi-monitor setup, he might want to try and disable the extra monitors, as mentioned here. (there is a way to run TV on / with multiple monitors, but i'd have to look up how to make that happen exactly)
Cobra ~ Cake

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Cobra wrote:Seems to be a common issue with unreal engine games. Not a lot of fixes though :/
The few answers that seemed to have helped, were editing the tv_cd_dvd.ini and adding your monitor's fullscreen resolution to "FullscreenViewportX=" and "FullscreenViewportY=" under [WinDrv.WindowsClient].

Also, If he is running a multi-monitor setup, he might want to try and disable the extra monitors, as mentioned here. (there is a way to run TV on / with multiple monitors, but i'd have to look up how to make that happen exactly)

it was the duel monitor issue, you know I ran TV with sli config back in the day absolutely no issues...but I wasn't running duel monitors.

he figured it out this morning thanks for your help =D

there was a guy a long time ago that ran tv with multiple monitors...he was in the first clan I was ever a part of [JOT$] I think

Cobra
Revengeance Engineer

Post by Cobra » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:32 pm

DiceRolla wrote:
Cobra wrote:Seems to be a common issue with unreal engine games. Not a lot of fixes though :/

it was the duel monitor issue, you know I ran TV with sli config back in the day absolutely no issues...but I wasn't running duel monitors.

he figured it out this morning thanks for your help =D

there was a guy a long time ago that ran tv with multiple monitors...he was in the first clan I was ever a part of [JOT$] I think

Good to hear he fixed it. As for the multi-monitor setup, I managed to make TV work on SLI / multi-monitor. No issues with surround / alt-tabbing or wathever else either. The issue is that I have absolutely no idea how I fixed that...
I'll see if I can find something, might take a while :/
Cobra ~ Cake