Models / Skins

Having problems trying to play Tribes Vengeance? Encountering crashes, can't get a HUD to work, ... ?
Post in here!
Carpi

Models / Skins

Post by Carpi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 am

Hey there,

its nice to see the game back online and working again.
I tried to use some skins for my player models - so far the preview works very well while I am at the inventory station, but after saving it I still have the default skin. I remember that I had the same problem years ago...
Any ideas what went wrong? :(

btw:
lovely new forum!

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Re: Models / Skins

Post by HighDive » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Hey there,

That is most likely caused by Antics_v5, some anti-cheat mod we are running, that comes with some player model glitch.

It may not look the best it can but here is what you can do: Select the preffered skin at the inventory station and hit accept/exit. Respawn and load the adjusted equipment (the one you changed the skin). Switch between first person view and third person view. Respawn again and load up the equipment once again. From now on, you should be able to see some changes.

Note that the light player model should be working "as it should" after these steps. The medium/heavy may/will still bug a little bit.

I agree this sucks quite a bit, but it's something we'll have to deal with as no one with the knowledge to fix this, is still around. :(

Hope this resolves at least some problems!

Happy Tribing!

HighDive