Cannot Install using download Offsite

Having problems trying to play Tribes Vengeance? Encountering crashes, can't get a HUD to work, ... ?
Post in here!
MrCarter1

Cannot Install using download Offsite

Post by MrCarter1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Been wanting to play this game for awhile so started looking around for a copy, found this website, tried downloading it, and it gives me a error that says please download a new version of the file this one has corrupted files or somthing like that and then it exits the installer and i cannot get anything to run, So if anyone has any fixes for this, that would be great!
I used to own the disc version but i have since lost it, and ive been trying to find it but no luck yet

Asmodai

Re: Cannot Install using download Offsite

Post by Asmodai » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Don't worry, you don't need the cd anymore. I don't know your bug, maybe try to redownnload and re-install the game. I'll ask more competent persons ;)

MrCarter1

Post by MrCarter1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Okay thanks, i have found my disk version, and installed it, with the patch, and i tried to download the maps that are required to play online, but gives me the same error which is try downloading a newer package of them, one of the files is corrupt or something like that. and also the Keyless CD patch doesnt work either, says im missing a Application.dll

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello,

Thanks for trying Tribes ReVengeance and coming here.

Please make sure you have followed this guide TO THE LETTER: http://tribesrevengeance.com/tutorials/ ... dguide.php

This guide has worked 100% of the time so far. The only problem people can encounter (given they download the file correctly etc) is an error message which states they don't have enough video memory. That can be solved by running T:V in windowed mode.

When you say corrupt file downloads, the first thing that comes to my mind is that you haven't fully downloaded the game, causing some files to be incomplete and thus giving a corrupt error message.
I advise you to use a download manager and try again.

------------------------------

If you want to use your own disk version, I again direct you towards the same page. Follow it to the letter and it will work (it worked for everyone so far): http://tribesrevengeance.com/tutorials/ ... dguide.php

Please let me know how it went.

HighDive

MrCarter1

Post by MrCarter1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Okay thank you for all your help, i just decided to stick with my disc version since it was already installed, and i was playing the single player, but what i did was since i use norton for anti virus, so i went into its settings and put google chrome on a no scan list for downloads, and that let the NO CD patch download and work correctly, so now im downloading the map packs the same way so hopefully that works then. But i think it will since the cd key worked finally.