Fixing maps

In here, all topics related to new T:V content (maps, skins, textures, ...) can be found. Map, skin or other requests can be made here, too.
tapir

Re: Fixing maps

Post by tapir » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:38 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u8528 ... meMaps.rar
im still working on riven and tourettes

Cobra
Revengeance Engineer

Post by Cobra » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Been playing a bit around in some FIX maps and I found two issues.

On MP-FIX-STRAIT:
The map edge is invisible

MP-FIX-Temerity:
In the bloodeagle base, there is an imperial deployablecatapult station

Rest looks pretty neat :3
Cobra ~ Cake

Cobra
Revengeance Engineer

Post by Cobra » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Cobra wrote:Been playing a bit around in some FIX maps and I found two issues.

On MP-FIX-STRAIT:
The map edge is invisible

MP-FIX-Temerity:
In the bloodeagle base, there is an imperial deployablecatapult station

Rest looks pretty neat :3
Well nevermind the map edge, seems like I can't see it on any map lol.
Cobra ~ Cake

tapir

Post by tapir » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:27 pm

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:14 am

did you fix the bsp hole that takes you from the main room to the outside on the terrain at the rover base?

tapir

Post by tapir » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:31 pm

cant find this so maybe its fixed

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:10 pm

might be I'll give it a run and see if it's still there I'm the only person who seems to have found it, I think it's the imperial base, and it can only be found ingame, dosen't show up like normal ones

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:20 pm

I didn't fall thru the base this time, there is however definitely still a bsp hole there but apparently not big enough to fall thru on this build it's visible at ground level on the bevel nearest hte rover on the beveled edge covered in the metal texture, but it's not negatively affecting anything so it's done =D it was probley something to do with the flag stand's prior location even being moved by one unit can affect stuff like that

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 pm

theres something funny about riven...I'm getting 10-11 frames, I think it's the fog is a tiny bit too far out...like lowering the distance by say 4K or starting fog at -2048 or 0 would solve this. Also simpley turning off mals awesome macro boosts frames by 5 instantly...that macro looks so awesome tho (my average frames are 20ish soo) there is another option however witch would be adding in Anti Portal blocks under the hills to block some rendering because looking up at the sky I get 30+ frames looking directly at the ground I get 30+ but looking out twords bases I get the 10-11, but the buildings are zoned properly, and theres no holes...soo theres something else going on, I have encountered this befor, sometimes its just how the terrain alpha layers are arranged even

Riven

in short I request a lowering of the fog distance by a small amount 4K would be the length of the base in RD and starting the for at a negative value or 0. I know it sounds small but it can have a profound effect on rendering sense the world is rendered in a sphere in other words it would cut out some insanely large number of units of distance rendered (not gonna solve the equation)

Simoon

not sure if this is the most up to date on the server, but in simoon the subtraction box is smaller than the terrain..causing a black spot along where the terrain repeats outside the baundry.

I would also request we take the small square out from under the flag on the stand...the stand seems hard enough to hit...but I could be wrong...not a fan of it so I'm just proof reading it.

tapir

Post by tapir » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 pm

DiceRolla wrote:theres something funny about riven...I'm getting 10-11 frames, I think it's the fog is a tiny bit too far out...like lowering the distance by say 4K or starting fog at -2048 or 0 would solve this. Also simpley turning off mals awesome macro boosts frames by 5 instantly...that macro looks so awesome tho (my average frames are 20ish soo) there is another option however witch would be adding in Anti Portal blocks under the hills to block some rendering because looking up at the sky I get 30+ frames looking directly at the ground I get 30+ but looking out twords bases I get the 10-11, but the buildings are zoned properly, and theres no holes...soo theres something else going on, I have encountered this befor, sometimes its just how the terrain alpha layers are arranged even
I have removed macro, increased fog and deleted duplicated terrain. If you still have fps drops i won't help you, im not so good at mapping.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/77oaa ... /riven.rar
and thats the last map from the list

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

there was a duplicate terrain?

I'm gonna rip the macro file out of my version just so there's a copy of it somewhere, because if there is a duplicate terrain deleting that should have been enough

tapir

Post by tapir » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 pm

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 pm

So where do we stand? Which map needs to be worked on more and which are finished? Can either of you two compile a 'complete' map pack, featuring all fix and new maps? Of course, latest version.

I suggest we decide on a date few weeks into the future and gather to test all maps for any mistakes and edit them a last time at that point, and publish afterwards.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:13 pm

tapir wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8moh0 ... m/masp.rar
i hope its a final version
^^this is the link your asking for^^

has

Code: Select all

CC 

Desolate 

Highlands

Impact

Mite

RD

RD2

Riven

Scabre

Simoon

Steppe

Stormdance

Strait

Tangent 

Temerity

Tourettes
^^The last return files from Tapir.^^

Below in the code box is the return analysis of my last uploaded files by HighDive and my comments. I hope that is where Tapir started from...but that is not confirmed by Tapir, not 100% if he had access to them.

Code: Select all

CanyonCrusade:

check

Desolate:

check

Highlands:
If I may suggest, I suggest taking it from the top again with BEML8-Highlands and look where/what is different in regards to the zoom bug. Cause that's the only issue which was there with that map. 

Impact:
The border problem seems completely fixed and gone so very good job.
Only, it is a bit difficult to see the correct angle of the slopes easily. Maybe darken the overall colours a little little bit or something so that the landscape can be analyzed easily.

Mite:
Only downside, when you die or suicide, your body falls through the ground.

Raindance basefix:
I would, however, suggest shifting the sensor back a little bit to that round platform thing that's on top of the base, rather than having it near the exit/entrance.
The tree models look very, very nice. Colours are nice, etc. I only fear many people won't be able to deal with them as any static mesh is a static mesh too much in their opinion. Anyhow, the only downside I can spot here is that projectiles can't be shot through the trees, which can be quite annoying at times. But on the other hand, trees actually do provide cover now, instead of just... standing there.

dice
thats what I thought about the trees, make them big hidie bushes cause you can't really shoot from indie teh tree either.. so it's a double edged sword to camp out in a tree, but also provides cover on the move if you duck thru a tree...thats why they are bigger than the stock ones, if it's a bother it can be corrected easily.

Riven:
The flagstand is nice, but I feel the stand is simply too open. Cappers have too much freedom and too many chances. I would suggest adding more meshes or small hills in the direct surrounding of the flag stand to solve this. Actually, I feel there should be some kind of cover / small hill for cappers to cover their approach.

dice
one of my trees perhaps? I can recolor em easy

Simoom:

check

Steppe:
Once again plays good to me.
I would suggest reducing the fog with another 10% however.
Also, maybe it's a nice idea of changing a few trees with the new tree you created?

Stormdance:

Good job fixing what I have pointed out. And hehe, the tree you added actually literally tips it off.  :D 

I have found 3 minor issues however, once again.

1: rough and unskiiable terrain
2: floating tree

dice
would this be worth like attempting to rework the terrain a bit, like cut the giant hill in half, and maybe turn it into a caveish hole in it? and maybe look at the canyon? make it smooth like the rift in raindance?

Strait:

check

Tangent:
Still falling through the map when dieing/respawning or moving the rover! 
And it might be me, but is this map smoothened out in comparison to BEML8-Tangent? Cause that's not a good thing. At all.

dice
^ the terrain I'm pretty sure that wasn't me

Temerity:
Control map now looks completely fucked up. :/
Inside the Bloodeagle tower, there is an Imperial catapult station? I assume it should be a Bloodeagle catapult station?

Dice
Is this the wierd like diamond shaped one? 

Tourettes:
The BSP holes (or whatever that's called) that are fixed are awesome, etc of course! But that's about all the positive things I can name here.
In my personal opinion, it'd be best if this map is taken from the top again.. Go from the TVRL3 version and reapply all changes except for the scaling down, the map brightness and moving the flagstands.

Dice
Tourettes in the fix pack has a magor bsp issue...like bad like teleporting bad, in game only so much of the base renders and if you walk thru a door way you warp to the generator, and going down teh elevator volume you zone out funny

on atleast the rover base of the imperial side

sound about right? highdive, ooh I would like to to run thru these ingame with you once maybe this weekend, I'll see if I can't get people on it thrusday

sooo I think I have found a discrepancy, I assume tapir never got the fix pack I made as I never posted a link there for the only person/s who had access to what I did was whomever had access to my FTP folder...

http://tribesrevengeance.com/dicerolla/ ... ackT01.zip

sooo then the case is this After double checking with Tapir, he may have gotten a hold of the files I edited (I'm not repacking the files so I don't accidentally lose a final fixed version that was liked)

the TapirFxPackT01.zip needs to be installed on server

then the following needs to be over written from masp.rar (tapirs last link)

Desolate, Highlands, Impact, Mite, RainDance2, Riven, Steppe, StormDance, Tangent, Temerity, Tourettes

then we would rip those files from server and zip them all together and post the link for everyone.

OR we just upload tapirs last linkage and leave it at that and if something needs fixing again I'll do it.

but without contacting tapir, at this point I'd say I'm as confused as you are this post outlines what I think I know.

tapir

Post by tapir » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm

DiceRolla wrote: I assume tapir never got the fix pack I made
http://l.facebook.com/lsr.php?u=http%3A ... 6M-A_ZVGSg
you gave me this broken link but thanks to my advanced IT skillz ive managed to download it

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:27 am

No idea what that nonsense Facebook link is, but I have installed the TapirFix pack thing and then overwritten everything with the masp.rar from Tapir.

I am too tired and not in the mood to run by every map (5:27 am), so I kindly ask that you two check the maps and let me know, should there be a map that is not equal to the latest version.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 pm

HighDive wrote:No idea what that nonsense Facebook link is, but I have installed the TapirFix pack thing and then overwritten everything with the masp.rar from Tapir.

I am too tired and not in the mood to run by every map (5:27 am), so I kindly ask that you two check the maps and let me know, should there be a map that is not equal to the latest version.

HighDive

^^ if thats indeed what you did then it's up to date.

Sink

Post by Sink » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 am

How about updating the Mappack to the revengeance.com dowloads and actually play on em?

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Posting it on the map download page would end up with people having a ton of mismatches. The links have been posted like 2 posts ago and will be posted more often in the future so there will be no mistaking as to what to download.

I am currently having my exams and they are number 1 priority. So unless someone else takes initiative, picks a date and contacts a few people, this will take as long as the rest of the Tribes Vengeance work takes: until I got time and energy to get started (a combination which rarely happens).

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:43 am

Sink wrote:How about updating the Mappack to the revengeance.com dowloads and actually play on em?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8moh0 ... m/masp.rar

this be the maps sink

OakTribes

Post by OakTribes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Had a quick poke around Stormdance, Steppe and Tourettes with Highdive earlier.
We were both quite impressed by them, however we did manage to find a couple of oddities:

Steppe - Terrain showing through the floor of BE base.

Tourettes - Hole in the Imperial base

Other than that it's lookin really good :) Gonna try to cover the other maps tomorrow.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 am

I quickly ran over FirstWave and holy shit... you made that map feel so much better. Very enjoyable map to fly around in.

The only feeling I currently have terrain-wise, is that the map should have a 5% increase in size in all directions: X axis, Y axis AND Z axis.

I will be able to join testing this thursday if need be. Other than that moment, I'm afraid I'm unable to join the testing.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:11 am

I...built the new base for steppe...decided to go with the whole T2 look..I dunno what do you guys think, I'm gonna have the FF's set up so it still plays like it did to begin with where you have to knock out the generator but it's bigger like 1/4 for the exterior and 1/2 again as much on the interior I intened to put invos near the doors up top, put the deployables along the wall up top and some catapults at the bottom of the slide 0_0 more for enemys to get a boost up the slide rather than shoot you thru the forest but we'l see how that pans out.

I have yet to build the walls to hte left and right of the base and the sensor stand..I may also make a different flag stand to match the new decor but it's big enough if there is ever a match again and base assets are no longer immortal it will play well, and the placement for the assets will make it great for promod. I figure spawn points can go outside behind the base. I made a decent looking marco for it aswell I figure I'll put some rock texture on the steep hills the same one from riven it looks nice.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:59 am

Holy cow, looks awesome man!

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I ran into a problem where I cna't just duplicate the base..the textures do not transfer over so I'm going ot have to save the textures in the mylevel pkg, retexture it and then finish it..thats actually why it's not done