Fixing maps

In here, all topics related to new T:V content (maps, skins, textures, ...) can be found. Map, skin or other requests can be made here, too.
tapir

Re: Fixing maps

Post by tapir » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:21 pm

1 problem with desolate.
i cant make this huge hill because there is some terrain height limit

rest fixed (i think so)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yk33t ... 7/maps.rar

Slazerov
Server Admin

Post by Slazerov » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:52 am

well, ive got a bit mixed feelings to be honest.
let me begin with the most impotant thing which is distance between flag stand, its still the same meanwhile it should be decreased by scalling maps to 70/80% its size. even though smoothing on mite is just lovely, gameplay will be still slow according to huge distance ppl gotta travel to get the flag.
so yeh pls reduce map sizes to the values ive asked b4, this is crucial to strait, tourretes, riven, mite and the most awaited delolate :P regarding to desolate, just make as high hill as u can in that spot and make terrain around it slightly deeper.
desired distance between the flagstands is 500-550, just take a look how nicely hl, mayata n rd are constructed, use em as ur archetype in future mapping. i rly love how new skybox fits toutrettes :D! i'm looking forward for the map size reduction, afterwards i'll be able to give ya more feedback.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:46 pm

I have quickly run over most of the maps and I must say: it's LOVELY! Good job Tapir!

A few quick thoughts though:

MP-FIX-TOURETTES

* Skybox suits this map very well
* The flagstand that has been put into map is indeed better suited than the previous one, however, we may not make it too easy. I'd like to see some pillars, trees or some kind of obstruction to prevent 360 degrees flag vulnerability. If you look at any map, you will see that the flag is covered by some things:

Code: Select all

Mayata - pillars
Raindance - tower
Temerity (same stand) - base tower
Highlands - base structure
Tropics - the stand + hills
Emerald - fence
Impact - high vertical hill 
Miasma - base and hill
Frontline - flagstand/tower
* The water still looks like it's pee. Another colour should be used for the water

MP-FIX-STORMDANCE

* Epic! Skybox suits the map very well and you have done an outstanding job fixing the problems I had pointed out. Awesome, Tapir!
* I've run over the map a couple of times again and I have found a few other, minor problems:

Problem 1: The pool has some sort of... "ground obstruction" on the side of the hill, which you would most likely use to slide into the pool. Basically, if you hit the slope with any sort of speed, you are dead 100% of the time. Remove this "obstruction/platform" so it fluently melts together with the rest of the pool's bottom floor.
Problem 2: The two pools' floor aren't smooth enough to ski in and out fluently. Work away those small spikes so that those lakes can be used during gameplay.
Problem 3: The encircled tree is somewhat glitched and misplaced. You can get somewhat underneath the tree, as it seems to be floating in air. Move the tree a meter towards BE base, so it's located nicely on land.
Problem 4: The slide (+ the rest of the encircled terrain), when coming from the water below, isn't smooth enough. You´d always lose a lot of health if not die, using that slope. Work away the spikes/increase smoothness to solve this problem.
Problem 5: Encircled slope can not be used, which removes a key slope from the map, as it is located in the corner. Make the slope skiable by adjusting the terrain a bit + increasing smoothness a bit.
Problem 6: When at the map border and looking behind the border, you see a black ''line''. It looks very ugly and it would be greatly appreciated if you could let it match the rest of the terrain surrounding it.

GENERAL PROBLEM/NOTE:

* Since most maps have gotten their skyboxes changed, the current loading pictures aren't effectively representing the map anymore. If possible, take another picture of the map and replace the loading pictures.

SUGGESTION: MP-SCARABEA:

* Found in the miscellaneous Map pack
* Epic map but needs some major fixes:

Problem 1: when you run over the map, you will notice some huge black ''line'' (apperantly the same as problem 6 in Stormdance). Remove this black colour so it matches the rest of the terrain.
Problem 2: When you are standing on the imperial base, on top, on the sides and/or corners, you can literally see in. Fix this problem so you can not see inside the base anymore, when you are on top.
Problem 3: The flag stands are well hidden inside the base. This makes for very hard gameplay, which simply does not work for the current culture of Tribes Vengeance. As of such, I would suggest simply dropping the flag stands on top of the bases or underneath the bases, until we find a better location for the flag stands.
Problem 4: The map size is simply incredible. It´s too big for our current numbers. If you could SCALE it down around 40% that would be awesome (NOTE: not in heights or anything! just the horizontal size! So when looking at the Control map, the map is exactly the same, yet it´s smaller).

If you need pictures to better identify the problems in this map, then please do not hesitate to ask!

DIRGE:

* Quite some time ago you had changed this map in such a way, so that it would not rain anymore. Perhaps include this map in the map pack you are making. :)

MP-FIX-RAINDANCE:

* At this moment it is still possible to capture the flag going underneath the flagstand. I suggest making the platform (on the downside) a bit thicker so that that glitch becomes impossible.

MP-BEML4-TEMERITY:

* An awesome map which is ready to go, with a few fixes:

Problem 1: Neither of the sides has a deployable catapult. Give each fraction 1 deployable catapult to speed up the game a little bit.
Problem 2: The skybox is really low, which makes that you hit it almost every time you go high. Make it approximately 2 to 3 times as high as it currently is to prevent this from happening.
Problem 3: Behind both bases, you barely got space or you hit the map border. If possible, move the borders back approximately 50 feet so that you got more space to move.

MP-BEML5-IMPACT:

* Awesome map with good terrain, only the looks are not up to date anymore. I would suggest making the map look like the newer versions (BEML6 - BEML7), WITHOUT changing anything about the terrain. So for instance, greener grass etc. So that the map looks a bit more cheerful.

-----------

Sorry for such a long post! Anyway, thanks a lot for all the effort so far, Tapir and please keep it up! :D

HighDive

Slazerov
Server Admin

Post by Slazerov » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:45 am

Dirge wasnt accepted nicely by the community not just because of the rain, theres also its scalling to blame :Pi would reduce map scalling by 30% n gg, we get a brand new top map. right now chasing over there is a pain the ass.
I gotta agree about the rd stand, even though it's my fav bug :roll: . i would be greatful of changing rd textures n skybox into fresh n stylish from tvrl :D
Temerity is fine as it is, middle map like is too deep imo, should remind more of the one from tropics. the biggest issue ive noticed over there is too bright terrrain, sometimes its IMPOSSIBLE to land properly, there should be a visible difference of terrain that shows where holes are instead of having everything white.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:05 am

Slazerov wrote:Dirge wasnt accepted nicely by the community not just because of the rain, theres also its scalling to blame :Pi would reduce map scalling by 30% n gg, we get a brand new top map. right now chasing over there is a pain the ass.

Temerity is fine as it is, middle map like is too deep imo, should remind more of the one from tropics. the biggest issue ive noticed over there is too bright terrrain, sometimes its IMPOSSIBLE to land properly, there should be a visible difference of terrain that shows where holes are instead of having everything white.
Yes, but the rain was already removed and as it's one of the contributing factors to why people don't like it, I feel it also belongs in this pack. We can then throw it on the test server and test it more thorough to see what else needs to be done (same goes for Scarabea and Tourettes).

Temerity's skybox is way too low. If you'd try flying up high once instead of defending 24/7, you would have noticed. :) But perhaps yes, darken the snow a little so this nob can see what he's doing. Although I haven't heard anyone complain about this yet.

HighDive

tapir

Post by tapir » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:31 pm

* Since most maps have gotten their skyboxes changed, the current loading pictures aren't effectively representing the map anymore. If possible, take another picture of the map and replace the loading pictures.
Anyone send me some screenshots and ill add them to the map, im too lazy for this.

Slazerov
Server Admin

Post by Slazerov » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:16 pm

just replace textures, keep snowy theme tho :)

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Another request please: BEML8-Highlands
Issue: the zoom bug/error shit, when zooming in from BE base towards center of the map
Issue2: low ceiling, move it upwards please
Reason: no comment

HighDive

tapir

Post by tapir » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 am

Alright, I did some testing and I must say I am impressed. Especially by the flag stands.

Let me break it up, map by map.

MP-Desolate

No comment. Plays good. Feels good.

Impact

As you can see, the map behinds the border looks quite odd, giving it an odd feeling.
The grass etc looks good if you ask me. OUI WHATYA THINK BRO???

Mite

The only problem I found was the one showing on the picture. The terrain plays awesome if you ask me.

Riven

1: There is some strange bump or something
2: In my opinion there is too much open space besides the flag stands. The defenders have too much sigh and even if you managed to grab, it takes hours for you to get out of sight or take cover. I don't suggest adding an entire mountain there, but some small, little hill would do the trick, I think.
3: I like it that the Rover's location is moved (?), but wouldn't it give an unfair advantage/disadvantage?
Other: I like the flagstands. Still too open, but I can live with this I guess lol. Maybe add some oil barrers or sand barrier stuffs in there to finish it off and make it feel more complete?

Scarabrae

Really love the improvement you made here. Flag stand distance is close to perfect and the stands look very nice. But there are some issues:

1: there is nothing out here. Just open space, without any hill or any means to change direction. I suggest adding some large hill or mountain in the located spot to compensate. It would also provide more options to the capper.
2: The thick line above. Just outside the map's borders there are some nice hills which could be used. I suggest moving the barrier like so, that the barrier sits on top of those hills, so that we can use the flanks to ski on and change direction if preferred.
3: The amount of space behind the BE base is quite nice. Also provide that room behind the Imperial base, please.
4: The map bug, glitch thing you see on picture one and two. It does not only happen in those spots but pretty much anywhere along the border of the map.
5: Inside the bloodeagle base there is an inventory station, +/- exactly marked by the circle, that is just gray/neutral. I'd say switch it to BE.

Simoom

Not much to add here. Looks and plays nice if you ask me.

Steppe

The FOV distance just about nails it if you ask me.
In the bottom right corner, that lake, there are several trees that are floating in the air, however.

Stormdance

First of all: very nice job and good improvements.
1: However there still are a few spots which are way too bumpy and inappropriate to land/ski on.
2: There is a tree floating here.

Strait

1: the control map doesn't look right
2: the dotted line shows where the actual map border is. Perhaps move it so we can use the entire map?

Tangent

Really love the skybox. Makes the map feels as new, even though it isn't.

One major, major problem though and that is that whenever I try to move the rover out of its spawn place, it falls through the ground. Also, whenever I die or suicide, my body falls through the ground. Might this be a map-global issue?

Temerity

The spaces behind the bases are much better, the snow is much more visible and I didn't manage to hit the ceiling. Good job!
One little issue though and that is the dotted line marked on the C-map. The actual map border is there and the same goes for the other corners.

Tourettes

First of all, I LOVE the flag stand.

However there are a few things I don't like:

1: Behind both PHO and IMP base there is/are floating tree(s)
2: The pee coloured water is still there, letting me feel urinated
3: Perhaps my biggest concern: it feels like you scaled down the map. I can get across in almost 1 grapple. I would like to request to please scale it upwards again, this just gives a false illusion of speed.

--------------------------------

Long post short: very good job!

HighDive

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:28 am

I would appreciate it should someone other than me try these maps as well. Quite some effort has been put into these and they are definitely worth playing! Also don't forget that most, if not all, of these maps will be used on the servers once these are done. THIS is the time to complain and voice your thoughts. Don't even think about complaining afterwards, you have been warned.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Impact, that is a setting on the terrain info BtileOn = True/False it is set to false, and if that is not the case it's a serious issue and cannot be fixed.

Mite, I am not seeing the issue in the picture

Riven, 1) a strange bump, like in the terrain? 2) static mesh (trees rocks so forth) would give them some cover or at least somewhere to get out of sight, there are ways to do it without sacrificing playability, maybe even a floating outbuilding of some sort, random buildings seem the be a very nice touch in this game in particular (emerald, Junk are two good examples as well as a custom map I really like and so does everyone else I jsut can't remember the name but I refer to it all the time) 3) rovers...not sure I've never played this map, perhaps being able to spawn there would balance it out, if you don't know you can go up to a spawn tower and move to another spawn tower by pressing (I think F) without respawning so long as you don't have the flag.

Scabre, I) Easy fix, I'd have to take a look but no matter what it's easy, however this is the original T2 terrain for scabre. 2) move boarder easy. 3) the only real option would be to shrink the space behind the BE base to make them equal....otherwise it would need an entirely new terrain altogether. 4) that is a huge structural issue, it may be impossible to fix or it is in the BSP of the bases (something overlapped in a seriously bad way) and either the overlap needs fixing of the skybox needs moving or it's a corrupt build and there is no cure. 5) Invo is easy fix

StormDance, 1) Bumps easy 2) floating tree easier

Strait, 1) the map, just needs to be rebuilt, someone moved the boarder after building the map image 2) sooo I got one and two mixed up however just moving the boarder back to it's original position would fix it, and the "funny look" of the control map is something that needs to be fixed in photoshop for all maps you just add a 1 pixel wide single color boarder to every map image file and re import it (something I never have done personally I jsut thought it was a nice touch and I'm more of a functional idea person, care less about look)

Termitiy, I don't think that can be fixed, it could easily jsut be photoshoped out tho so it appears to follow the actual boarder

Tourettes, I think that was a vifoxe map...or that was way befor his time (I taught him how to map over team speak while he was on my team) those fixes are very simple and quick.

from what I see in the maps I listed most are easy fixes, depending on how entertaining it is for me it could very well be a one night deal, however I need NEED the files that where critiqued I have these maps but I doubt they are the ones tapir worked on and the ones highdive tested and posted about, if you read this get back to me on face space, after posting a response to this thread so I can look it over again, some things I wont be able to fix, findin problems I did not cause is difficult at best most often impossible, and I am not about to totally rebuild these maps as I'm not one to copy things (except broadside...wich I got board with cause it wasn't original, and my favorite T2 maps wich I forget the name of, wich again I pretty much finished and then dropped it lmao..it had a wierd issue with texture assignement I didn't want to fix, but I have considered fixing..I think it was an exact replica of condemnation) but ummm these fixes are easy, most of them where just oversights/lack of testing by the original mappers

soooo link to the maps that where critiqued

and come find me on face space after youve read this

[Dice-Rolla]

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Hey Dice, thanks a lot for coming down here!

As I said through facebook PM, the idea is to simply fix/update some maps to increase our current map pool. There are many maps which simply need minor/"easy" adjustments (as you said yourself) for them to become publicly accepted by the current community. It's not the idea that you or Tapir go and spend days on end on this, not at all in fact. Also please note that I am being quite picky as you can see.

The problem on Mite is that when you look closely, you see that the small doorway glitches allowing you to see under the map. It disappears the moment you walk through it, though.

Hopefully you will find the motivation to start on this project! ;)

Also, see my more extended facespace PM.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 am

soooo fixed

Impact, moved the SP spawn point up...wich is where the camera starts for some part of the game...umm I dunno but I aimed it at a base I forget when but I know they should be aimed at somethign and not hovering right on the ground. and tiled the terrain

Mite, I found the bsp hole it was a sloppy square that caused the problem, there was somethign odd I found..I dunno if it works or not but there are zone info's floating inside of the terrain zone...I have no idea what the idea behind it was but it dosen't appear to have any effect on the map, it's just odd and makes no ense to me I would suspect it would throw errors but it appears to not.

Stormdance, I put in a tree ontop of the hill a different one and some rock, you know the big hill in the middle, fixed the floating tree and smoothed the entire terrain and built a macro texture..it will be hardly noticeable but it will smooth out some shadows a bit also got rid of some black line ...the subtraction box was too small for the terrain therefor it was not lit because it wasn't in a zone...annd everything needs to be in a zone. also fixed some ferns so that you can't be stopped by them...however they will still stop projectiles lol...but I'd say improvements.

stormdance took over an hour in itself smoothing terrain is slow as fuck, mite really only took me 5 min to find 30 seconds to fix, then I messed around trying to improve the macro, and it was just waaay too dark soo I wasted like 30-40 mins, annd impact took like a minute

also what does

CC, Raindance, Steppe, Highlands, Simoon, Desolate, need done

basically this should be over with quickly from here on out if I hadn't messed with stormdance and mite soo long I could have been much further along this evening, if it's htings like move this tree or fix thsi bsp hole (warping seeing thru things, falling thru things) or fogging distance it's quick, if it has to do with terrain it will take forever

fixed steppe

strait should also be fixed

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks a ton man! Good job!

As for the maps you asked, this is what I can come up with right of the bat. For more thorough feedback I will need to be able to test the maps, so that will have to wait until the weekend the soonest.

Raindance:

It is possible to glitch-cap/-grab from underneath the flag stand. I assume making the platform a bit thicker easily solves this.
Secondly, the in-base spawn is quite annoying. As you know, nowadays gameplay focuses on one aspect of the game rather than the entire game. Shortly said, the only time people want to be in the base is to get deployables or to change armour to a non-default one. So basically, simply make it impossible to spawn inside the base but still possible to spawn onto it, etc.

Highlands:

When standing on the blood eagle base and zooming in towards the center (using control or whatever button you set it to), causes the game to glitch horribly. That's the only issue I got with that map, to be honest.

Tangent:

Tapir had made some really nice changes to the skybox but apperantly something else went wrong as you always fall through the map pretty much everywhere.

For the other maps, I will need to turn on Tribes.

HighDive

Oui

Post by Oui » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:56 pm

a note from me about another bug , on VM BloodVeldt
When you fly around the hills on the end of the map behind the Imperial flag stand , the screen often glitches , some weird black shit appears etc.

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Tapir had made some really nice changes to the skybox but apperantly something else went wrong as you always fall through the map pretty much everywhere.

helps a ton, it is likely something he did to the sky box

highlands I might not be able to fix, but I'll have to look befor I make that assumption

a note from me about another bug , on VM BloodVeldt
When you fly around the hills on the end of the map behind the Imperial flag stand , the screen often glitches , some weird black shit appears etc.

again likly a bsp hole...could be a structural problem we are stuck with and might not be, I am currently working on finish up where tapir left off if blood velt isn't in there, it will wait until after I finish drop ship

thanks for the updates

Tangent, this one was different, I found an overlapping subtraction cube, it looked like a total accident, also found the pillers in both bases where intersecting bsp, I fixed that, I noticed the sky box was level with the subtraction box that the map is in (a big no no especially if your using complex BSP like was used in this map) also one spawn tower was sunken in some bsp on the be side I think, I moved it ontop to match phx, I also moved all the spawn points up a little more, when I upload it I will hase the .mopp file I have on my hd to replace the problem one...but it's worth testing without it because overlapping bsp can cause the falling thru the map thingy. but! sense the problem happened after tapir worked on it I'm assumeing it's the bsp, and moved skybox that was the entire issue...people who havn't had to fix a lot of thier own bugs don't find these things out, I didn't learn much of this until...Cronox wich was probley my 20'th project and the third map I ever completed...no mayan forest,faultline,dustbowl,glea,cronox,cerberus,cure,rr I think are all the maps I ever "completed"..anyways lack of personally play testing by the mapper also adds to having a harder time diagnosing and fixing problems ...lol so yeah tangent, should be fixed 20 mins

termitity ...ok tity, fixed 5 min

ok Tourettes, first off WOW, people who know sooo much about making things in the editor and making it nice looking, missed a huge step in the basics..I found a bsp hole in an imperial base, causing a "hall of mirrors" effect in the editor, may not show up in game but it will kill FPS even if it has no visible side effects. found two trees floating annd I am reluctant to change the height and scale of the terrain at this point, looks nice, and my personal opinion is that one grapple from end to end isn't bad, but not great, it does seem tailored to the communities taste of super fast play, and there are enough deployables and vehicles to counter the speed as well as the distance of the bases from the flag, if it's a huge issue I can fix t but that is days of work moving everything, absolutely everything on the map, [article emitters, sounds water, bases, each tree individually, rocks and so forth...unless lemme try scaling the whole thing quick...nope, found a second bsp hall of mirrors in phx..no overlapping bricks ever, EVER...unless it's entirely unavoidable witch is rare very very ever so rare...lol

Raindance I added a team logo static mesh under the flags should stop the cap glitch.

I can't find anything wrong with highlands, is there an older version of that map that does not have that glitch?

I need to know what is wrong with CC, and I will work on scabre and CC after you get back to me..I remember osmewhere you said something about fallign thru terrain, I thought there was something else as well, annd that might be just reverting to an older .mopp file oor just an older version of the map theres god knows how many version out there and theo nly change I see in the "fix" pack is moved spawn points...to a location I disagree with compared to the origninal version and the map seems darker (but that was done in an older revision if I recall correctly)

sooo read over my updates and compile me a "to do" list a final time, then I'll be able to upload the changed stuffs for play testing, I know I skimped on some fixes, but diagnosing someone elses work is very very difficult

also I'm working with a broken editor, last I recall I was unable to build .mopp files sooo when this is done on my end, if we need new .mopps (it's osmething I've never had to rebuild unless ragdolls fall thru terrain) but! it's stupid simple, open the editor click on the build menu at the top (you know file,edit so forth and so on) and then click build all oor build mopp a loading bar will pop up and it will create the mopp file...oh damn I need to double check all the level info's to make sure the .mopp corrisponds with the map name (MP-FIX-Tangent ect) example FIXTangent.mopp

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:07 am

ok uploaded the fixed ones to my FTP folder, everything exept scabre is in there, if you find there are still issues isolate them and zip em and upload them to my ftp, they should all be working fine but I can miss stuff, I couldn't do anything for highlands sadly, I'd say we trevert to an older version that dosen't have that problem.

cheers, I'll do scabre when I get the other ones back if there are any

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Alright, checked the maps a few hours ago and I must say that the maps you did touch, have had pretty much all their problems solved. Also the makeovers you did, are lovely.

---------------------------------------------------

CanyonCrusade:

I tried 100x and the BE spawn issue seems to be completely gone.

Desolate:

Plays, feels and looks perfect to me.

Highlands:

Well, uuhm.. what the actual fuck. The only positive thing I can say about this, is that the zoom bug is actually fixed here.

The rest of the changes (compared to BEML8-Highlands) pretty much makes me puke big time. The gamma/lightning settings are off the charts, giving me eye sores. Also I feel its down scaled a lot.

If I may suggest, I suggest taking it from the top again with BEML8-Highlands and look where/what is different in regards to the zoom bug. Cause that's the only issue which was there with that map.

Impact:

The border problem seems completely fixed and gone so very good job.

The colours and the looks are very nice if you ask me. Only, it is a bit difficult to see the correct angle of the slopes easily, making for many failures. Maybe darken the overall colours a little little bit or something so that the landscape can be analyzed easily.

Mite:

The base-door bug I pointed out seems fixed.

It feels, plays and looks good if you ask me.

Only downside, when you die or suicide, your body falls through the ground.

Raindance basefix:

It actually looks and feels very, very refreshing. Kudos for the work you have done here.

I would, however, suggest shifting the sensor back a little bit to that round platform thing that's on top of the base, rather than having it near the exit/entrance.

The tree models look very, very nice. Colours are nice, etc. I only fear many people won't be able to deal with them as any static mesh is a static mesh too much in their opinion. Anyhow, the only downside I can spot here is that projectiles can't be shot through the trees, which can be quite annoying at times. But on the other hand, trees actually do provide cover now, instead of just... standing there.

Riven:

The flagstand is nice, but I feel the stand is simply too open. Cappers have too much freedom and too many chances. I would suggest adding more meshes or small hills in the direct surrounding of the flag stand to solve this. Actually, I feel there should be some kind of cover / small hill for cappers to cover their approach.

Simoom:

Feels, plays and looks good to me.

Steppe:

Once again plays good to me.

I would suggest reducing the fog with another 10% however.

Also, maybe it's a nice idea of changing a few trees with the new tree you created?

Stormdance:

Good job fixing what I have pointed out. And hehe, the tree you added actually literally tips it off. :D

I have found 3 minor issues however, once again.

1: rough and unskiiable terrain
2: floating tree

Strait:

Control map is nicely fixed.

Plays, looks and feels fine for me it you ask me!

Tangent:

Still falling through the map when dieing/respawning or moving the rover!

The skybox still looks epic, giving the map an entirely different feel!

And it might be me, but is this map smoothened out in comparison to BEML8-Tangent? Cause that's not a good thing. At all.

Temerity:

Control map now looks completely fucked up. :/

Inside the Bloodeagle tower, there is an Imperial catapult station? I assume it should be a Bloodeagle catapult station?

Plays, feels and looks good for the rest.

Tourettes:

Well, uuhm... Sorry to be kinda of a repeating disc but the overall feel of this map is now: yuk, yuk and yuk.

The BSP holes (or whatever that's called) that are fixed are awesome, etc of course! But that's about all the positive things I can name here.

Tapir: why have the flag stands been moved? Why is the map's brightness of the chart (just like FIX-Highlands), giving me eye sores? Why is the map scaled down?

In my personal opinion, it'd be best if this map is taken from the top again.. Go from the TVRL3 version and reapply all changes except for the scaling down, the map brightness and moving the flagstands.

The map itself plays super nicely, but these 3 things (especially the brightness and the scaling down), make that the map feels super odd and actually just plain bad...

Lastly, the pee coloured water is still there. ;)

---------------------------------------------------

That's it for today for me. When the next versions are put on the FTP I will test the terrain more thorough.

Thanks for all the effort put into this. Please know that it is highly appreciated by the entire community, even though almost no one provides any decent feedback.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:20 am

CanyonCrusade:

check

Desolate:

check

Highlands:
If I may suggest, I suggest taking it from the top again with BEML8-Highlands and look where/what is different in regards to the zoom bug. Cause that's the only issue which was there with that map.

Impact:
The border problem seems completely fixed and gone so very good job.
Only, it is a bit difficult to see the correct angle of the slopes easily. Maybe darken the overall colours a little little bit or something so that the landscape can be analyzed easily.

Mite:
Only downside, when you die or suicide, your body falls through the ground.

Raindance basefix:
I would, however, suggest shifting the sensor back a little bit to that round platform thing that's on top of the base, rather than having it near the exit/entrance.
The tree models look very, very nice. Colours are nice, etc. I only fear many people won't be able to deal with them as any static mesh is a static mesh too much in their opinion. Anyhow, the only downside I can spot here is that projectiles can't be shot through the trees, which can be quite annoying at times. But on the other hand, trees actually do provide cover now, instead of just... standing there.

dice
thats what I thought about the trees, make them big hidie bushes cause you can't really shoot from indie teh tree either.. so it's a double edged sword to camp out in a tree, but also provides cover on the move if you duck thru a tree...thats why they are bigger than the stock ones, if it's a bother it can be corrected easily.

Riven:
The flagstand is nice, but I feel the stand is simply too open. Cappers have too much freedom and too many chances. I would suggest adding more meshes or small hills in the direct surrounding of the flag stand to solve this. Actually, I feel there should be some kind of cover / small hill for cappers to cover their approach.

dice
one of my trees perhaps? I can recolor em easy

Simoom:

check

Steppe:
Once again plays good to me.
I would suggest reducing the fog with another 10% however.
Also, maybe it's a nice idea of changing a few trees with the new tree you created?

Stormdance:

Good job fixing what I have pointed out. And hehe, the tree you added actually literally tips it off. :D

I have found 3 minor issues however, once again.

1: rough and unskiiable terrain
2: floating tree

dice
would this be worth like attempting to rework the terrain a bit, like cut the giant hill in half, and maybe turn it into a caveish hole in it? and maybe look at the canyon? make it smooth like the rift in raindance?

Strait:

check

Tangent:
Still falling through the map when dieing/respawning or moving the rover!
And it might be me, but is this map smoothened out in comparison to BEML8-Tangent? Cause that's not a good thing. At all.

dice
^ the terrain I'm pretty sure that wasn't me

Temerity:
Control map now looks completely fucked up. :/
Inside the Bloodeagle tower, there is an Imperial catapult station? I assume it should be a Bloodeagle catapult station?

Dice
Is this the wierd like diamond shaped one?

Tourettes:
The BSP holes (or whatever that's called) that are fixed are awesome, etc of course! But that's about all the positive things I can name here.
In my personal opinion, it'd be best if this map is taken from the top again.. Go from the TVRL3 version and reapply all changes except for the scaling down, the map brightness and moving the flagstands.

Dice
Tourettes in the fix pack has a magor bsp issue...like bad like teleporting bad, in game only so much of the base renders and if you walk thru a door way you warp to the generator, and going down teh elevator volume you zone out funny

on atleast the rover base of the imperial side

sound about right? highdive, ooh I would like to to run thru these ingame with you once maybe this weekend, I'll see if I can't get people on it thrusday
Last edited by DiceRolla on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

tapir

Post by tapir » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 pm

i fixed hl and tangent:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pcdi5 ... angent.rar

give me link to the newest maps so i can fix them

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:31 pm

tapir wrote:i fixed hl and tangent:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pcdi5 ... angent.rar

give me link to the newest maps so i can fix them
did you do a build all?, cause thats all it takes, I thought it was a mopp but it's a bsp thing, apparently befor playing any map if there have been modifications to any bsp object a build all needs to occur in most cases to avoid this problem from happening

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:33 pm

http://l.facebook.com/lsr.php?u=http%3A ... 6M-A_ZVGSg

all the fixes that need to take place are in the post prior to your post above these two

Also I noticed that RD has "the sensor" issue, I have fixed Zios Surreal remake by selecting ALL (except base assets) the actors and copy pasting them into a different map and useing exsisting working sensors and useing and adding assets from there and it worked. of coarse befor pasting the stuff in you have to delete the old or hide the new until you've deleted the old.

also tapir, would you be willing to attempt skinning a base if you'r decent with photoshop?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 535&type=1

tapir

Post by tapir » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:51 pm

DiceRolla wrote:also tapir, would you be willing to attempt skinning a base if you'r decent with photoshop?
I know only the basics of ps

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Installed Tangent and Highlands.

Any other updates, Tapir?

HighDive