Nice photoshop tut

In here, all topics related to new T:V content (maps, skins, textures, ...) can be found. Map, skin or other requests can be made here, too.
DiceRolla

Nice photoshop tut

Post by DiceRolla » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GWVez_UHM

was pretty awesome for me.. I didn't do too fancey but it certainly explained a lot of the "theory" and gives a few different examples of material types and ways to generate them without filters or layer blending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GWVez_UHM

I think I'll be bale to combine what I learned from this with what I all ready know and come up with the engine textures for my space ships..dropship, firstwave, and this otehr ship I'm making now, small no gen. then I want to make one more ship small with gen. then I'll just drop em on different terrains I think I have 15 or so sitting around on my HD just needing to be imported. If texture creation starts to go well I will also make a ship I have been mulling over "cerberus" and I have a different version entirely of the dropship ship in mind.

I've been running into issues or atleast losing motivation because I don't have textures I want.. and my polygon count and complexity is all ready insane for tved. If anyone is interested in helping me make textures I could rough draft some psd files and upload them for you if not I'll just keep pluggin away slow like.

what I have used photoshop for so far is basically glow textures, animated textures, alpha maps for textures and some logos and color changes I did do some nice scratches on a pheonix light and heavy skin that I never released that was original. and the texture packs I've had where either from T2, Rooster, Killa, a seamless texture generator i had once, or found online somewhere.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Re: Nice photoshop tut

Post by HighDive » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:22 am

Nice find. Easy to follow.

Might dig a little into this once I got myself a new pc.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Re: Nice photoshop tut

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:36 pm

it is awesome, as it explains how to make effects, that are in "layer styles" but more targeted than the style options..like there are a lot of cases where filters nad style changes are just waay to fuckin broad. Also the adding of small details is a huge improvement like I had no idea visually that every low light has it's own highlight aswell...I mean I've been painting and drawing and sculpting and drafting for years and years like 15 and never ever even dawned on me