FirstWave

In here, all topics related to new T:V content (maps, skins, textures, ...) can be found. Map, skin or other requests can be made here, too.
Hawk

Re: FirstWave

Post by Hawk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:41 pm

The standard way to do it is a separate HUD file for recording, interesting if there is an actual command to do it though, would like to know what that is.
General of cheating.
Admiral of destruction.
Marshall of corruption.

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:35 pm

there is I remember using it for both cronox and faultline. and I'm sure not seeing things in a demo is less of a bug and more of an intended result. Also I swear there was a list f console commands floating around for TV at one point.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Looking better and better, Dice. :)
DiceRolla wrote:there is I remember using it for both cronox and faultline. and I'm sure not seeing things in a demo is less of a bug and more of an intended result. Also I swear there was a list f console commands floating around for TV at one point.
I assume it's possible using the developer window (scroll lock when -console is added).

For the console command list, I assume you mean the one that was on Tribesvdl.com? If so, I got it stored somewhere.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm not certain if thats the one, is it the one thats on all the cheat sites? cause not that one lol it'd be super bad ass if you could link me to it, and upload the latest version of first wave to the servers next time you pop on I'm kinda done with it I don't expect anyone to play it so I just decided against doing anythings more than adding rabbit mode and changing the sky box

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:27 am

lol you guys missed out, we had three people on firstwave me corrupt and hawk. it actually turned out pretty sweet. 1V1 or 1V2 would not be so awesome but 2V2 or 1V1 equally skilled players would be decent I'd say. I feel it's a map for more advanced player skill levels.

what I concluded is that a 5% size increase would ruin whats all ready working on the map making the flag stands too difficult to hit and jsut throw off all the other stuff that works side routes front routes and back route. however it would be nice to havem ore space but the terrain file did not leave me any..I even wish it had but it kinda is what it is.

the base I like roomy works as intended.

terrain is forgiving but also has it's share of perils one small miscalculation and it either throws off your shit of kills you.

you can beat a capper starting on your flag stand to the enemy stand but by a second or less, very clutch situation. I feel with a more experianced player it might be a little better odds but it was me vs hawk so you decide lol.

Hawk discovered you can cap from under the stand. will fix

I feel the four dead trees in the middle should be taller to aid defenders trying to cap befor a capper makes it home.

and the macro needs to be less blotchy.

seemed decent eavy for a heavy to move around on it, also meds

all in all I think this could be a candidate for a publicly acceptable map so far it seems to have at least 5 votes (killer,oak,corrupt,hawk,myself)

I also think a fluid volume would take away from the maps mechanics by speeding players up too much as oddly enough friction seems to be lessened when underwater allowing a player to build too much speed. Perhaps it would work in the middle inner two holes. But it seems to play like all the other popular maps as is

soo

Code: Select all

Fix Macro -Blotchy

blocking volume under flag stand roughly doubling the thickness of stand error on the +

taller dead trees in middle