MP-DropShip-Beta

In here, all topics related to new T:V content (maps, skins, textures, ...) can be found. Map, skin or other requests can be made here, too.
DiceRolla

MP-DropShip-Beta

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:28 am

Last edited by DiceRolla on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

DiceRolla

Re: MP-DropShip-Beta

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:45 am

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:51 am

now I installed it on a fresh install of trev, annd i have

yellow on the imperial side

phx side is red

gen posts on imp side left gen, need to be changed from the yellowy one to the grey texture

and the observer start is under the terrain

sensor issue...mmmm there has to be a way to fix that

anyone know of a map with imp and phx that the sensor works?

I have a theory it's how you assign team and base infos, and the order you add assets I think you have to do it one team at a time starting with generators, sensor, invos deployables, spawn towers then spawn points.

and that the team info be assigned befor the base infos..

I need to spend a bit more time on this map, it'd be nice with people to figure out the things that need to be done to the terrain to make it more playable, I have a few ideas but this map wasn't meant to be terribly fast more like an emerald one hop to the flag then figure out how the hell to get home

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:33 am

okee dokee

I need someone with a good gfx card to take a screen shot of this, and give it a good test run. I made the requested changes besides taking out the deployable catapults lmao, I still need to make a terrain macro texture and get a loading screen made so I still need to work on it at least once more

http://tribesrevengeance.com/dicerolla/ ... Beta01.zip

all the files associated with this map are in that zip...two texture packs the havok and the map

sooo changes to this current version

Yellow changed to blue, red changed to yellow, terrain height scaled up 10 points, terrain scaled out 80 or 60 points, observer start added, cupped terrain around the flag stand, and changed the hill in the center on both sides some, IF you hit it right it launches you at the flag and just under the base, so you can grapple and fly home.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Updated the server.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:12 pm

HighDive wrote:Updated the server.

HighDive

whoop whoop, oh hey can I get info for webadmin on the test server (prefferabley all your servers) because I can't open the admin menu ingame to vote/host/login/changemaps/ect

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 am

Alright, I ran over the map again and I must say it feels a hell lot better than it did before.

Good job!

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:47 pm

HighDive wrote:Alright, I ran over the map again and I must say it feels a hell lot better than it did before.

Good job!

HighDive
any suggestiosn on terain modifications? I'm thinking an actual stand for the flags too instead of just on the ground

and a confirmation or denial on the web admin would be welcome lmao dosen't bother me either way

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 am

I think it can use some more meshes and foliage stuff to make it feel more complete. Other than that, we need to playtest this with a group rather than alone so that we can try it out ´for real´.

Considering the admin, I have forgotten to create it and thus have also forgotten to reply. I will give you an admin account on the test server, but not on the other servers. I will do this at a later time when I am not drunk/totally exhausted (it is 5:20 am atm for me). I have to fix Thorx´ admin account as well so I will automatically add yours then.

Please note that changing the map through the webadmin, will disable all active mods. This means you have to either re-enable them through the console or have to restart the server. There are multiple console commands such as ´admin switch MP-Emerald´ for instance, causing the map to be switched to emerald. You can vote for a map using votemap.

By the way. In game we had a small discussion about this very topic. Could it be that your entry map has some problem which causes this issue? Itd be an easy fix in this case if you ask me.

HighDive

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Added an admin account for you to use on the Test server. Check your PMs for details.

HighDive

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:52 am

sweet, thanks and I agree I think we need some people on the map instead of just you or I alone on the damn thing lmao, I think it's been tested by three people total Tony Sans on face book..I dunno his game name but he is/was a mad6 player...I was also thinking it needed some more land marks , but like I said I need a screen shot with gfx on high and no player/hud in the way then I will

remove deployable catapults

change screenshot

add some more reference points to map (need to find areas where to not put mesh in order place them for reference points so I don't ruin any good hills)

actual flag stand

move imp side of hill closer to flag...maybe 128-256 game units twords flag (noticed if you launch from imp, you land on hill fine consistently, launch from phx it takes more aiming, less jet to land on it properly)

any other tweaks?

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:55 pm

I've run over the map a couple of times with 3 people: Cobra, Jinx and myself.

I will try get some 8-ish big test group together though as we really need to test this stuff thoroughly.......

HighDive

OakTribes

Post by OakTribes » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:56 am

I like it a lot :)
I'm a fan of how more often than not a base to base grab will end up having you hitting your skull on the bottom of the enemy dropship, so that their defense can take you out.
I do appreciate how this is meant to be a simple low speed map like Emmy what with the flat terrain and all, but it seems that the lack of ability to change direction/build momentum reliably would make grapple-whoring the terrain very op here. Maybe a couple of slightly larger hills with steeper inclines (nothing too crazy) would be welcome towards the edge of the map that a non/conservative grappler user could use as part of a route or way to change direction.
Imo the terrain colouring looks a bit too discrete (large separate areas of colour) which I think can still work aesthetically if the sickly darker green is a different shade.

Like the other one I had a poke around on (Firstwave) I am excited to see how gameplay turns out with 4v4+. I am down to join any organised match to test these maps!