The idea is quite simple: it offers a way to chat with your gaming friends without having to join a FB group, reveal your identity, get bugged when you're not playing or any of that stuff. Obviously we will still be using the FB groups and forums to keep you posted with all ongoing developments.
Basically I would love making the forums "the place to be" for all serious and constructive discussions, announcements, brainstorming, feedback, questions and all that stuff. Because a forum isn't the place to shitchat and we need a more convenient way of contacting people in person, we will be using Steam as primary chatting device. Furthermore, using a group we can easily set events/reminders for upcoming events, you can easily get in touch with everyone, etc.
Details are as followed:
- Register (please use your main T:V nick so we can recognize each other) and get steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/
- Confirm email and all that shit and login to the client
- Add "HighDiveTV" to your friendlist. I have a T:V Avatar. Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198124379169
- Add Tribes: Vengeance to your Steam games' library. Click on "Games", click on "Add a Non-Steam Game to my Libary", select Tribes Vengeance and enter it.
- Scroll over your name in the top navigation bar and select "groups" from the dropdown list. Join the group "TribesRev" Tribes Revengeance. It has a T:V Avatar. Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TribesReVengeance
- Browse group members and add everyone you want to chat with in the future
Updated on: 26/11/2015