FIX map pack group testing opportunity

Announcements can be found in here. This includes forum rules, server rules and other important information. Be sure to read all the posts and to check back regularly to stay up to date!
DiceRolla

Re: FIX map pack group testing opportunity

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 am

after some consideration I am going to add dynamic crates and barrells to all REV maps, they offer some limited cover, blocking capability, have health and explode causing damage. They are entertaining you shoot htem they fly away you shoot htem some more, so if a player isi n servero n thier own ther is some limited entertainment in all the maps, they can be destroeyd so if they bug someone in a CTF match then well they will not respawn. they are easy to move, can be drug with the grappler or simply shot out of the way, you can fly with htem grappled..but not fast or far and cannot effectively ski with htem so moving htem around to utilise them is a difficult task so they will not affect game play in a very serious manner, the have the baility to but are not osme sort of game changer. Think of the peices of armour on the ground you could kick in single player for a refferance or someones ragdoll after htey are killed

OakTribes

Post by OakTribes » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:43 am

Good idea! Is it also viable to have other dynamic objects such as small boxes/armour pieces stacked next to some crates/barrels so that when they explode there is some longer range detritus that has the potential of hitting players? (Granted, with a low probability, but that's what this game is all about.)
I wouldn't put these on ALL maps though, just to keep a little aesthetic variation.

I did always like in video games the strange logic of your enemies taking cover behind explosive barrels.

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 pm

OakTribes wrote:Good idea! Is it also viable to have other dynamic objects such as small boxes/armour pieces stacked next to some crates/barrels so that when they explode there is some longer range detritus that has the potential of hitting players? (Granted, with a low probability, but that's what this game is all about.)
I wouldn't put these on ALL maps though, just to keep a little aesthetic variation.

I did always like in video games the strange logic of your enemies taking cover behind explosive barrels.
actually you can add what they call "children" witch is the shrapnel that is thrown when they explode.

I wouldl ove to add armour parts to all maps however I cannot find imperial armour parts only pheonix and be..I wasted like half a day looking for them.

I have been changing it up like dynamic rocks, barrells I dunno I'll probley do some other things but the point of doing this is more for when it's just one person in the server.

imagine if you will that the barrells on mayata where mobile... 0_o

I'm thinking that maps with more open flag stands will get these they would be uber mean on Firstwave...but I doubt once they get knocked off the stand that anyone would be able to get them back up there I guess we'l see lol these are all going to have to be hosted on the test server and tested one final time to ensure there are no mis match errors missing files and that what was supposed to get fixed did indeed get fixed to the communities specifications

Should we also include like Tropics, Misasma, Fiath, Folly, Bloodveldt, and whatever other maps are often in rotation? I mean like..why not lmao

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 am

ok double posting...this is a pitfall

I finished Mite today and started backwards reworking sound files in maps I had all ready set up so they work appropriately.

Then I attempted to test them accessing the admin screen, and I got a runtime, runaway loop crash...I spent the next 3 hours taking maps out of my maps folder starting with dropship firstwave rev and fix packs...

as this has happened in the past my old install is wrecked because of this error but has all of m original files soo I save my WIP stuff there on an external drive, and keep a nice squeaky clean running version on my PC.

So sense the PC driven trobes is a fresh install aside from bodeans trails to match my weapon skins and that fancey new engine.dll to communicate with the new master server.

I knew it was somewhere within those..34 (ish) map files...

I added the maps back in one by one booting tribes and hosting a server and loading the admin screen, until I discovered one that crashed it.
MP-REV-Impact.tvm meh ok no biggie MP-REV-Mite.tvm BLEH! fuck off lmao.

now they had something in common, a spawn tower issue..was not the problem

took out ALL game assets so it was essentially a fresh map..still crashed

I also exported their heightmaps..however I did that to CC and no issues.

I suspect that if you save a file enough it just corrupts..I will have to build these two maps from the ground up to get them working...theoretically

I'm not sure if it's the sounds I added or when it started but I am going to continue on without impact and mite in the next release of REV and I will upload the two of them separately to the FTP so killer can test them to see how they respond..or whatever I'm not certain what to do about this just yet but I'll continue with the other remaining maps temerity, tourrettes, raindance, mayata, and possibley dropship.

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Files created or needed.

MP-REV-FirstWave.tvm - Maps

REV-FirstWave.mopp - Havok

DiceRollaTextureset01.pkg - Art - Environtments

x2_Emitters.pkg - Art

TIS_Emitter.pkg - Art

x2_amb.pkg - Sounds

MP-REV-Simoon.tvm - Maps

REV-Simoon.mopp - Havok

MP-REV-Strait.tvm

REV-Strait.mopp

MP-REV-Riven.tvm

REV-Riven.mopp

MP-REV-Tangent.tvm

REV-Tangent.mopp

MP-REV-StormDance.tvm

REV-StormDance.mopp

MP-REV-Steppe.tvm

REV-Steppe.mopp

MP-REV-CanyonCrusade.tvm

REV-CanyonCrusade.mopp

X2_Emitters.pkg

X2_amb.pkg

MP-REV-Impact.tvm

REV-Impact.mopp

MP-REV-HighLands.tvm

REV-HighLands.mopp

MP-REV-Desolate.tvm

REV-Desolate.mopp

MP-REV-Mite.tvm

REV-Mite.mopp

MP-REV-Plague.tvm

REV-Plague.mopp

MP-REV-Topurettes.tvm

REV-Tourettes.mopp

MP-REV-Mayata.tvm

REV-Mayata.mopp

MP-REV-FeginBeliefs.tvm

REV-Feginbelifs.mopp

feingbeilifstextures.pkg - has a weird location

MP-REV-Raindance.tvm

REV-Raindance.mopp

MP-Rev-Termity

Rev-Termity.mopp

List of completed,tested,and changes

FirstWave

taller middle trees

-do not understand dark spots on terrain at all they wont go away but it looks perfect in the editor.

made the flag stand taller so you can't cap from under it like RD (all floating flag stands need to be 256 units min platform)

black edge to control map

duplicated the missing/mismatched texture into the mylevel pkg soo this map should no long be pulling any textures from outside the .tvm file

Simoon

name change from simoom to simoon...

smoothed some terrain

added in some team color for each base

fixed a hole in terrain I found

-macro = fail..sad day all I wanted was a light map so you could see hills better but nooo...

black boarder to control map

made terrain zone bigger than terrain no darkness outside of barrier

made the platforms larger inside the base so that you don't accidentally grab a turret instead of the catapult or whatever else is up there

small bump in center for both PHX and BE teams, once it was smoothed it didn't need hills in the center

took the little square off the flag stand you come in a little higher now so I fixed what was just a crater most of the time

Strait

Moved BE base forward to exspose it's generators..that where underground befor and un accessible fixed terrain in base

smoothed a rough patch next to the BE base and some other spots

cut fog down from 29K to 23K boosting frames for low end PC's to functional levels

Rebuilt the control map...it now has a black ring around it but it's not ugly however it matches the terrain now yay!! lol

expanded the barrier on the outer edges makeing it square and opening up some more room to ski

put a team symbol under each flag stand stopping capping from under the stand

Day 1

Riven

Added macro back on

load screen

boarder on control map

changed fog from 19K to 17K

Tangent

Moved BE spawn closer

Control map boarder

pipe under grate for phx team

removed fluid volume from BE base as well as subtraction box it sat in

removed random hole in BE wall

new loading screen that reflects the map

StormDance

fix the dam so you cna't see the side of the fluid volume

fixed the weeds under the water htey no longer block players

changed tree on hill it's foliage no longer blocks projectiles

rebuild imp base to fix a bsp issue...took me for ever, I took out a room and an invo in the process

smoothed terrin to the west,behind and adjacent to the be base also a spot here an there

fixed zone fog with both be and imp

built new mopp

edge on map image

fixed grappling the roof

moved imp spawn points outside of the base to be even with be

added in imp base info..there was non

assigned imp base info to everything

evened deployables with the BE side imp was missing some repairs and invos

deleted one emergency repair pack on imp side to even with be

evened out hte number of invos to the same as be

Day 2

Steppe

Built new T2 themed base for Steppe

discovered that texture information gets lost when duplicating

Day 3

Converted all T2 BE textures to trga format

generated normal maps for all T2 BE textures

Imported the used textures into the mylevel pkg for steppe

re textured steppe base

positioned and blended steppe base

deleted walls outside base

deleted static mesh inside steppe base from old version

Day 4

Made Macro

Painted Rock texture in spots on terrain

evened out deployables was missing 1 deployable invo on PHX side

moved all spawn points behind base

added another deployable repair

added 2 deployable pults

made a macro with light map

deleted single player start

Add forest sound to world

redo blocking volumes for better rendering

boarder on mini map/control map

new screen shot

Day 5

CanyonCrusade

Smooth terrain here and there

removed terrain from imp base

changed flag stand, took away the lip replaced it with a divit'd flag stand

Macro texture

animated decolayers

added dynamic barrels with 1000 health to replace the old static mesh barrels near flag stands

no longer collide with the light stands outside the buildings

ambient sounds where used

added in bird emitters

screen shot

boarder on control map

Day 6

Impact

moved spawn towers above ground and made them usfual so you can grab an invo and teleport to base 2 with it instead of flying or walking..even faster than troc

macro, made it look awesome

new screen shot

control map boarder

ambient sounds

all spawn points are now on the roofs

and toned down some of the brightness...the last version tapir made hawk and i decided was way to bright

6 dynamic boulders

HighLands

Ceilings Height

rename

screenshot

mopp

dynamic rocks

moved the original creators hidden decal into map and made it non collision able

control map boarder

Desolate

Renamed

new mopp

dropped fog level by 5K

changed fog type from linear to exponential I'm still getting 30 FPS means my old gfx card would have been getting around 15, or the high end for it

moved a spawn tower..I'm usre no one else noticed it was in the wrong place

took the divit off hte flag stands

added sounds...wish the glorax sound would owrk but

screen

control map

dynamic rocks

animated decolayers

Day 7

Mite

re texture BE base interior and exterior, just a color change on a skin from yellow to red

Macro

redid terrain layers

add dynamic rocks

add BE rover

fix BE spawn issue

add sounds

new screenshot

map baorder

Learnd about Ambient Sounds

Finished learning about dynamic objects

made list of ambient sound tags

Revisit

CC for sounds

Desolate for sounds

Test

Tested 34 maps for run away loop error narrowed it down to mite and impact

Day 8

Tourettes

got in attempted to fix BSP hole, failed

built spaceship

discovered that tapirs flag stand was causing most of the issues

Day 9

Rebuilt tapirs flag stand

built new bases according to the original theme

made light fixture texture

started on generator stand

started on generator stand texture

recolored boarder texture for team color

recolored metal for team color

recolored metal floor for team

re textured imperial base details for team recognition

Day 10

Plague

I took out at least 70% of the trees and there are still a lot there however very avoidable.

recolored the skybox and added a moon with a sun dog around it.

painted some more snow texture on terrain the lighter color it looked funny without it.

made the hills more manageable and steeper 250+ is easy to hit if you don't take the route thru the middle.

added owl sounds to the trees, rock sounds to the big rocks glorax sounds to the rocks and wind sound to the world.

upped all the brightness in both the sun and the zone.

lightmap macro texture

recolored all the red blood eagle textures to yellow pheonix textures for team consistency.

added in dynamic crates and barrells the crate have a mass of 100 the barrells have a mass of 50 (I have started doing this with 6 objects per map every map) the barrells act light lights the crates act like heavies, they have 1000 hit points soo they can be destroyed, they can be grappled however the physics isn't set so they can be dragged soo it's kinda funky but I'm not changing it.

took out the big rocks that allways seemed to get in the way.

took the little rails off the edge of the flag stands.

shrunk the height of the rover bay building is was pretty pointless having it that tall.

annd all the little metal parts on the base are now set to not collide iwth anything meaning you can walk thru, shoot thru them they are jsut there in space visually and nothing more. making traveling in and out of the base easy and keeping the appeal and feel of the map.

it's pretty sweet...I did this afternoon project today and am adding hte map to the REV pack along with feigned beliefs witch I may finish tonight, it's just some very minor terrain editing I want to do to it like smooth the rought spots and make a macro texture for it maybe add in the fancey tree skeptic made and I dunno I think the bases and stands are fine so

Day 11

Tourettes+

runaway loop error crash..

needs screenshot and map boarder

buttoned up tourettes

imported my new buildings

positioned evererything

some traain painting

added projectors

RD

projectors

sounds

colored lights

colored glow text

screen shot on desk top

Mayata

filled hole by BE gen

FeginedBelifes

smoothed terrain in the low spots outside edges

Day 12

Temerity

redid the base

made macro

added wind sound

renamed

couldn't change water fog values

screen shot

map boarder

Day 13

to do yet

double check files and zip em

18 down 0 to go out of 18

Files to revisit

maybe

Riven

CC

check all for screen, and map boarder

at this point the last 8 maps will cause the run away loop on admin screen when hosting a client server, removing the maps will stop this. However it will not effect your ability to open the admin screen on a dedicated server...I to date have no solution for this.

essentially I'm 150 hours into this...it's basically you combine the VM X2 TIS1-3 and TVRL1-3 and thats how much I've worked on maps for this game lol

DiceRolla

Post by DiceRolla » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 pm