Tribes Beta Dedicated Server?

Want to request a map to be added to the rotation, got banned, ...? Post in here.

Moderators: Cobra, Hawk

Dantheman221

Tribes Beta Dedicated Server?

Post by Dantheman221 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 am

I think I asked this somewhere before but I guess it got deleted or something.

But... why can't we just use Tribes Vengeances default dedicated server to host servers? Instead of the Tribes Vengeance Beta Dedicated Server? Just wondering, because that's what it says in the tutorial, but I had no trouble setting up my own dedicated server myself o.o
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/triberofvengeance
PSN: boogie1954
Vengeance IGN: Danny

Cobra
Revengeance Engineer

Re: Tribes Beta Dedicated Server?

Post by Cobra » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:28 am

Dantheman221 wrote:I think I asked this somewhere before but I guess it got deleted or something.

But... why can't we just use Tribes Vengeances default dedicated server to host servers? Instead of the Tribes Vengeance Beta Dedicated Server? Just wondering, because that's what it says in the tutorial, but I had no trouble setting up my own dedicated server myself o.o
The default dedicated server option that comes with the game is considered to be an alpha version. The Tribes_Beta_Dedicated_Server has more features incorporated inside the configuration file than the default server for example. The beta server is also preferred over the default (alpha) server because it comes as a standalone pack that takes up a bit less space.
Cobra ~ Cake