Sniper head shot damage

Want to request a map to be added to the rotation, got banned, ...? Post in here.

Moderators: Cobra, Hawk

Sniper head shot damage

50 damage (No extra damage dealt)
14%
65 damage (Extra damage dealt, yet no instant kill on a light armor)
33%
75 damage (Instant kill on a light armor)
14%
80 damage (Allows a player to still have an instant kill on a light armor even though his energy level is a bit less than 100%)
5%
100 damage (Instant kill on light and medium armor)
10%
Other (please, clarify)
24%

Total votes: 21

Binswees

Re: Sniper head shot damage

Post by Binswees » Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm

wow...

headshots in tribes are completely pointless

due to horrible netcode, no lag compensation and a projectile that actually travels plus very fast movements, a headshot can't be aimed for nor done on purpose, its only luck if you get one...
(maybe with the exception if a target moves in a stright line towards you or is standing still)

if you do get a headshot basically it only means you almost missed the target, lol

so remove the headshot alltogether

thx

bins out

Fireant
Revengeance Engineer

Post by Fireant » Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

I agree with goffe, the more i play quake the more i see just how bad tribes netcode and aim system actually is...while headshot may seem nice, lets be honest, how many of you actually aim for the head when getting one?

Keelei

Post by Keelei » Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Fireant wrote:I agree with goffe, the more i play quake the more i see just how bad tribes netcode and aim system actually is...while headshot may seem nice, lets be honest, how many of you actually aim for the head when getting one?
me

Ness

Post by Ness » Thu May 08, 2014 6:01 am

@up

You are the only one here that has to run around his desk just to look what's behind you.

HighDive
Revengeance Engineer

Post by HighDive » Sat May 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Alright peeps,

Thanks for voting and sharing your opinions. This topic is now closed. I will evaluate this together with Cobra in the coming days and then we will conclude what is best.

Since this was quite a success, feedback wise, I am thinking of creating more of such topics sooner or later.

Anyways, stay tuned!

HighDive